Petition to your congressman, and senators to make drug testing mandat

Face it, if you receive gov't funds and are living off the system you probably should be tested for drug abuse. This way many drug dealers do not get a free gubmint check, and addicts are not feeding their habit instead of looking out for their kids' interests.

http://www.petition2congress.com/2/2867/

Once you type in name, email, and ZIP it will send to your Representative, and 2 Senators. Free of charge

Or you can make them legal. Just another way to force drug dealers to get real jobs...

I'd be in favor of that, as long as they tax it like alcohol and tabacco (well, even I think the tabacco taxes are excessive). Unfortunately, not too many government people would do that. However, it still wouldn't stop that crack whore from doing crack and keeping her kid starving. Just my $.02

I'd be in favor of that, as long as they tax it like alcohol and tabacco (well, even I think the tabacco taxes are excessive). Unfortunately, not too many government people would do that. However, it still wouldn't stop that crack whore from doing crack and keeping her kid starving. Just my $.02

Why oh why is the first thing out of people's mouth when they talk about legalizing drugs is taxing it. Instead of feeding the government pig I think we need to start starving it.

Face it, if you receive gov't funds and are living off the system you probably should be tested for drug abuse. This way many drug dealers do not get a free gubmint check, and addicts are not feeding their habit instead of looking out for their kids' interests.

http://www.petition2congress.com/2/2867/

Once you type in name, email, and ZIP it will send to your Representative, and 2 Senators. Free of charge

That doesn't sound like another expensive program that will easily be defeated by those who get the checks.

Oh wait, yeah it does.

At least unemployed people will be able to get some cash selling their clean urine.

That doesn't sound like another expensive program that will easily be defeated by those who get the checks.

Oh wait, yeah it does.

At least unemployed people will be able to get some cash selling their clean urine.

Seriously.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm all for a little thing called freedom. Our liberties should not be extended to only what the government thinks we should be able to do in the privacy of our own home AND, when if/when the gov't wakes up to this reality, they shouldn't be begging to hop in on the tax game. Excessive taxes to outlaw people's vices are idiotic.

I should have the right to do drugs. If I'm a family man, and have a family with mouths to feed, I should be able to make my own decision not to get hooked on heroin. If I'm an idiot college student with nothing to lose, I should be able to experiment or whatever. There is no way the government should get so heavily involved, and there is certainly no way that the legality of this stuff has prevented certain people from getting a hold of it. In my opinion, the argument for legalization is much stronger than against it.

Seriously.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm all for a little thing called freedom. Our liberties should not be extended to only what the government thinks we should be able to do in the privacy of our own home AND, when if/when the gov't wakes up to this reality, they shouldn't be begging to hop in on the tax game. Excessive taxes to outlaw people's vices are idiotic.

I should have the right to do drugs. If I'm a family man, and have a family with mouths to feed, I should be able to make my own decision not to get hooked on heroin. If I'm an idiot college student with nothing to lose, I should be able to experiment or whatever. There is no way the government should get so heavily involved, and there is certainly no way that the legality of this stuff has prevented certain people from getting a hold of it. In my opinion, the argument for legalization is much stronger than against it.

Ok and if you want gov't assistance, I think you should play by rules that would give some assurance that you are trying to make the most of your life.

Why oh why is the first thing out of people's mouth when they talk about legalizing drugs is taxing it. Instead of feeding the government pig I think we need to start starving it.

BS! Ya, it is about "power." :(

Because stuff like that (sin taxes) ALWAYS fed the gov't pig. The Whiskey Rebellion comes to mind... And as Hamilton (sorry from Wiki, but it is well sourced beyond that) put it:

"...Hamilton's principal reason for the tax was that he wanted to pay down the national debt, but he justified the tax "more as a measure of social discipline than as a source of revenue."[1] But most importantly, Hamilton "wanted the tax imposed to advance and secure the power of the new federal government...[2]"

1. Morrison, Samuel E. (1927). Oxford History of the United States 1778-1917. pp. 182.

2. Graetz, Michael J.; Schenk, Deborah H. (2005). Federal Income Taxation: Principles and Policies. New York: Foundation Press. p. 4. ISBN 1-58778-907-8.

Yes, an age old debate about federalism. I come squarely down on Hamilton's side and against your (Chef's) side.

Just as much as people hate paying 5 bucks a beer at the game... Paying that 5 bucks is more measure of social discipline than revenue. Same thing why smokes can never be truly as cheap as they cost.

Choke on that all you libertarians... :worthy:

We need to feed it to "advance and secure the power of the federal gov't."

Oh wait, yeah it does.

Yes, but think of all the government jobs it will create. :thumbsup: