Brian Billick interview in Parade magazine this weekend

Just Jack

Confessions Of A Super Bowl Champ

I think this one paragraph is most interesting....

“You think about it, sure,” he says. “What I miss is the preparing, the practices, the planning, the feeling of competing. But I’ve talked to [former Steelers coach] Bill Cowher about it. He won one and left coaching soon after that. When we’ve talked about coming back, we both wonder if it’s all worth it to try to do something you’ve already done. I know there are guys who need to keep chasing another one—I get that. But right now, I’m happy where I am. I got to do it once. I think that may have been enough.”

Confessions Of A Super Bowl Champ

I think this one paragraph is most interesting....

“You think about it, sure,” he says. “What I miss is the preparing, the practices, the planning, the feeling of competing. But I’ve talked to [former Steelers coach] Bill Cowher about it. He won one and left coaching soon after that. When we’ve talked about coming back, we both wonder if it’s all worth it to try to do something you’ve already done. I know there are guys who need to keep chasing another one—I get that. But right now, I’m happy where I am. I got to do it once. I think that may have been enough.”

Yeah, right. He's happy right now-----doing what?

Cowher will be back for the HC job of his chosing. At least he's earning a big paycheck to sit once a week with 4 other chumps and offer cliched "insight" for us viewers at home.

Parade magazine?? What's next for Brian -- a Better Homes and Gardens profile?

True! It isn't even a "magazine", is it? It's a Sunday paper insert.

And does "Super Bowl Champ" first come to mind when anyone hears the words "Brian Billick"?

True! It isn't even a "magazine", is it? It's a Sunday paper insert.

And does "Super Bowl Champ" first come to mind when anyone hears the words "Brian Billick"?

Excellent question.

And 'NO'.

But 'Arrogant' and 'Ego-maniac' do...

and that's the key difference b/w cowher and billick. Billick is so much of an egomaniac that I'm sure it's killing him to not be in the spotlight anymore.

I think to be a coach at the professional level and to put in the hours of work necessary, that all coaches have some sort of ego.

Billick, however, comes across and has been rumored to be extremely centered on the cult of "me".

To a fault.