Rumor: Pennington Being Considered

BillsNYC

I've always respected Pennington and his ability to get things done with what I deem an apparent lack of talent when compared to others (Manning's, Brady) in the NFL.

Always efficient and intelligent. Seems like a good leader.

But the lack of mobility, arm strength, and the rumors also out there that his arm/ shoulder are done would have me worried.

Though a better idea than Vick, I think that that a Garcia, Thigpen, and draft pick would be better options.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think that Bradford, Clausen, or Vick would work in Buffalo. I think we NEED to go OT then NT in rounds 1 & 2, and then get someone like the much discussed LeFevour in the third (for the record I am not in favor of drafting Pike). This draft should be all about the lines, and maybe a QB in the third and an ILB later on.

Bring in someone like (in no particular order): Collins, Thigpen, Garcia, Pennington (although I doubt we actually do go after him), or dare I say McNabb?? etc. Have Brohm/Rookie QB learn from the veteran. Does bringing in one of the aforementioned veteran qb's mean I think that they will be probowlers? Of course not (well, perhaps McNabb could be). However I do think any of them would be a huge improvement over what we currently have.

I totally forgot about Collins he would be the perfect stop-gap for this year! Then next year we can get an actual franchise QB like Locker or Luck...Focus on getting OT(Okung, Davis, Bulaga, Campbell) or Dan Williams in the 1st and NT in the 2nd (Terrence Cody or Cam Thomas) unless we get Dan Williams in the 1st then Best OT available or a beast LB.

As a QB coach? Sure, why not, he could be a good coach and mentor considering his entire career has been because of his football mind rather then physical ability

and for the few that have said Garica, why not just ask Kelly if he would come back and play, I think they are probably around the same age, and may have seen the same amount of in game NFL snaps last season

Pennington gets rattled by contact. He goes in a shell after the first big hit laid on him, or the first two generic sacks.

Gregg and Mularky at least understood this and went after him, and we generally didn't do too badly on D against Pennington teams.

Jauron, over four years, seemed not to want to spoil the after-game tea and scones with such ungentlemanly conduct.

Final word: I don't want a kitty at QB. And most not with this OL situation.

Nix and Gailey want someone with a strong arm and mobility. Pennington is the OPPOSITE of that person. I wouldn't worry too much, this won't happen.

Not saying I want him, but I am surprised CUlpepper's name hasn't surfaced...I'd prefer him over Vick at least. I like Pennington as a short term stop gap.. Maybe start the first 4-5 games until they are ready to bring in Claussen.

Via Twitter:

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/02/...-be-considered/

Personally, I don't think he had the arm strength for Buffalo in his prime, let alone now. Not questioning his leadership or football intelligence, he's a great football player, just a better fit for a dome or warm weather team.

if chad had an arm he would be a GREAT QB. with no arm he is still better than anything we have.

I totally forgot about Collins he would be the perfect stop-gap for this year! Then next year we can get an actual franchise QB like Locker or Luck...Focus on getting OT(Okung, Davis, Bulaga, Campbell) or Dan Williams in the 1st and NT in the 2nd (Terrence Cody or Cam Thomas) unless we get Dan Williams in the 1st then Best OT available or a beast LB.

Collins.. I like that brother.

It would be an honour and a privilege if Pennington were to consider playing for the Bills.

(I hope someone gets that joke...)

Seriously though. If a fan would rather eat his buddy's vomit that have Pennington on this team, for the sake of all that is sacred, the Bills can't sign this guy.

Via Twitter:

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/02/...-be-considered/

Personally, I don't think he had the arm strength for Buffalo in his prime, let alone now. Not questioning his leadership or football intelligence, he's a great football player, just a better fit for a dome or warm weather team.

Yuck!

But, still better than Tyler Pigpen or Fitzpatrick!

I have been wanting the Bills to pick up Pennington for a month plus. I get that Pennington has injury issues and arm strength issues BUT it won't cost us anything he is accurate and a great teacher to a guy like Brohm. He is a professional QB who would just be a stop gap for one season just so that we can build our lines with both the 1st and 2nd round picks then go out into next years draft and get a QB or see what Brohm has after sitting and learning for a year.

You couldn't get a more uninspiring choice than Chad Pennington. Furthermore, if the source is right and they are considering him then this is officially first time I have to seriously question the intelligence of the new Bills' brain trust. The Bills starting QB must have a decent to strong arm, period. While Pennington has good accuracy his arm is so weak that the 13 year old kid Kiffin is trying to recruit can out throw him.

If they don't get Bradford, Claussen or Vick the Bills should concentrate on building the foundation. They should then draft Jarrett Brown in the 5th round of the upcoming draft and let Fitzy and Brohm compete for the job. I don't see why this isn't a viable option. If neither of them pan out then the Bills will have had Brown (who throws a great ball) in their system for a year and still can go after their QB of the future in the first round of the 2011 draft if Brown is still a big project.

This should be their board on draft day...

1st rd

QB Bradford or Claussen

if neither are there go OT

2nd rd

DL

3rd rd

LB

4th rd

LB

5th rd

Brown if OT in 1st

I don't see why Fitzy and Brohm is such a bad deal for Bills fans. We all know that we either need a star QB or go with building the lines and new defensive system. I'm just as excited about who we can get with the non-QB first to fourth round picks. They will be the building blocks of a hopefully very bright Bills' future.

are you out of your mind!!! Did you watch any of the games this past season!!!!!!!!!! some of the worst QB play that I have ever seen.. Give me some of what you are smoking................