Tra Thomas?

AllDayADay

Rotoworld is reporting that Tra Thomas is going to be released by the Jacksonville Jaguars. This guy was a stud with the Eagles and may be inexpensive at this stage of his career. Just a thought, maybe give D Bell another year of maturing and playing our back up swing tackle position.

I wouldn't mind snagging him if we plan on going another direction in the draft, but not to give Bell more time. I don't think Bell will EVER be more than a swing tackle. It could possibly give us one more year to find LT of the future if it doesn't happen this year.

I don't know how much left he has either let's go bills but he is getting paid like 5 M a year and Jax drafted OT's with their first 2 picks last year. Just too much money for a backup when you are only getting 40,000 fans per game at best. Like I said before, maybe as a "just in case stopgap" if free agency and the draft don't go our way at the LT position.

Thomas was officially released, along with Torry Holt. Did Thomas not play much last year because they drafted Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton? While he may not be worth the $5 Mil they signed him for, he may be worth adding for depth, and as a stop gap in case we want to address one of our many other needs with the #9 pick.

Exactly buffaloaggie. It would be a move only as a stopgap, just covering our bases type signing. We all want a LT, but we also need a QB, NT, LB, WR, LB, big DE........if OT is not the pick at #9, there may not be another OT worthy of a selection at our next draft slots so Tra Thomas holds the fort until round one NEXT year. News flash: We will not be able to fill every single need in one offseason, We need a LT,QB, NT,LB,WR,LB big DE, we will not be able to fill every single need in one offseason. Not that hard to understand.

As of right now he is better than anything we have, D. Bell is to injury prone and penalty prone to get to attached to. Maybe he can play right tackle in his old age? as Brad Butler doesnt seem to beable to stay healthy either. If Kirk Chambers is on this roster next year I may have to kill myself.