Obama doesn't want Americans wasting money in Vegas

I agree, Americans shouldn't be wasting money in Vegas. Funny how a generation ago this comment would have not even been looked at critcally. Yet, today too bad we have whole economies hinged on whoring out for tourist dollars AND actually wanting Americans to blow money on them... Making poor choices.

Hey wait... I can't pay the mortgage! I'm going to DisneyLand.

He could have easily used Disney... :worthy:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lefty aplogist.. very original. Let's face it you cheer on a party that does nothing, didn't do anything when they had control and do nothing when they don't have control

I don't cheer on any party. I haven't voted Republican or Democrat for a very long time.

Of course you will say that you are more towards the center and you dislike everything... offering no solutions does not make you very smart.

I offer plenty of solutions but mouth breathing followers like you continue to do the exact same things while hoping to get a different result. That's what makes me smart and you...well not.

Personally I can not stand Pelosi or Reid. I have always thought they were bad for the Democratic Party. Shows how much of a DA you are now huh? Easy to label instead of actually understanding where the other person is with their beliefs.

Yet you continue to defend someone who was even more liberal than they are. Yeah, you're way WAY different.

You are soooo smart to assume. :thumbsup:

It has nothing to do with assumptions. You bashing your head against a wall may improve your ability to reason politically.

I don't cheer on any party. I haven't voted Republican or Democrat for a very long time.

I offer plenty of solutions but mouth breathing followers like you continue to do the exact same things while hoping to get a different result. That's what makes me smart and you...well not.

Yet you continue to defend someone who was even more liberal than they are. Yeah, you're way WAY different.

It has nothing to do with assumptions. You bashing your head against a wall may improve your ability to reason politically.

It's not a matter of defending, it's a matter giving someone (the President) some actual time to get something done. No one else, again I do not like or follow Reid or Pelosi and people that are way to the left. Just don't. And the act that I have to constantly say that... well makes me wonder about your intelligence.

Dear god, do you believe that this problem can be solved within one year? I just love how people who do not agree with you are mouth breathers and those who agree with you are very smart. People talking that and still wondering why both sides of the aisle don't get along. Just face it, you don't know all and you are not that smart.

It's not a matter of defending, it's a matter giving someone (the President) some actual time to get something done. No one else, again I do not like or follow Reid or Pelosi and people that are way to the left. Just don't. And the act that I have to constantly say that... well makes me wonder about your intelligence.

Dear god, do you believe that this problem can be solved within one year? I just love how people who do not agree with you are mouth breathers and those who agree with you are very smart. People talking that and still wondering why both sides of the aisle don't get along. Just face it, you don't know all and you are not that smart.

Given the President's proposals during the campaign and during his short time in office: they not only won't be solved, they'll be made far worse. This administration has even less understanding of blowback than the previous one, and that's quite a feat.

"Both sides of the aisle" should only get along because each basically proposes the same "spend, spend, spend" solutions to virtually every problem.

And as far as those who don't agree: You're simply not smart. It is what it is.

I am glad that you didn't waste another line pretending I'm some kind of right winger. That's beyond ridiculous.

Given the President's proposals during the campaign and during his short time in office: they not only won't be solved, they'll be made far worse. This administration has even less understanding of blowback than the previous one, and that's quite a feat.

"Both sides of the aisle" should only get along because each basically proposes the same "spend, spend, spend" solutions to virtually every problem.

And as far as those who don't agree: You're simply not smart. It is what it is.

I am glad that you didn't waste another line pretending I'm some kind of right winger. That's beyond ridiculous.

Just because you bash republicans every now and then doesn't mean you don't reside on that side of the aisle. So since you are SOOOOOO smart and everyone should listen to your ideas... give me your top 5 ways to fix the economy.

Just because you bash republicans every now and then doesn't mean you don't reside on that side of the aisle.

Why don't you give me a few examples of my "Republican" ideals. I'm really curious to hear about what I think.

So since you are SOOOOOO smart and everyone should listen to your ideas... give me your top 5 ways to fix the economy.

1. Flat tax. It's time to stop all of the ridiculous tariffs/ways the government hides taxes. It also lets people know exactly how much they're really paying and eliminates the IRS. I guarantee that will lower the amount of money the government takes in and in turn stimulate the economy.

2. Get companies out of the health care business and stop the ridiculous state/federal licensing practices that stifle competition. You can buy your own health care, just like you buy your own car insurance. Want to lower the cost of health care, make the marketplace competitive.

3. Start up businesses pay NO taxes for a 3 or 5 year period.

4. Bring the troops home. All of them. There's absolutely no good reason to continue the charade of protecting Japan, Germany, England, Korea, etc while trying to compete with them economically.

5. Encourage investment by cutting capital gains taxes.

6. Repeal crap legislation like Sarbanes/Oxley that not only hasn't worked on its intended targets but has put excessive burden on US companies in a far more competitive world.

1. Flat tax. It's time to stop all of the ridiculous tariffs/ways the government hides taxes. It also lets people know exactly how much they're really paying and eliminates the IRS. I guarantee that will lower the amount of money the government takes in and in turn stimulate the economy.

I presume you mean with no deductions, no exemptions, no credits, etc. Back to the 1920s and the one page 1040. Absolutely.

2. Get companies out of the health care business and stop the ridiculous state/federal licensing practices that stifle competition. You can buy your own health care, just like you buy your own car insurance. Want to lower the cost of health care, make the marketplace competitive.

+1000000

Why the hell am I spending weeks of my time trying to analyze health insurance products when a) it's a subject I have limited knowledge of and b) I could actually be helping run and grow my business instead. If we didn't have to subsidize employee benefits we would absolutely have increased our headcount by 5-10% already in 2010.

3. Start up businesses pay NO taxes for a 3 or 5 year period.

Not sure I'd go this far, but I'd certainly reduce the business tax rate.

4. Bring the troops home. All of them. There's absolutely no good reason to continue the charade of protecting Japan, Germany, England, Korea, etc while trying to compete with them economically.

I don't know enough about this area to state one way or the other, but given the costs involved and the fact that a big Soviet invasion is kinda unlikely, seems to make sense.

5. Encourage investment by cutting capital gains taxes.

That didn't work at all when Reagan and Bush did it. :unsure:

6. Repeal crap legislation like Sarbanes/Oxley that not only hasn't worked on its intended targets but has put excessive burden on US companies in a far more competitive world.

Yes. And add: force states to standardize their business regulation rules or eliminate/change the current definition of nexus so that companies aren't forced to waste thousands of man hours filing out ridiculous forms for multiple states.

Split the difference: a startup tax credit that can be used to offset tax liability for the first three years.

I don't know enough about this area to state one way or the other, but given the costs involved and the fact that a big Soviet invasion is kinda unlikely, seems to make sense.

There's valid reasons for having an overseas presence (basically, if you're going to project power, you need it). There is not, however, a surfeit of valid reason for having as much of it as we do. Korea, maybe (a symbolic presence to deter the North from doing anything stupid)...Japan and Germany, not so much. Cuba? Why do we need a base in Cuba?

I presume you mean with no deductions, no exemptions, no credits, etc. Back to the 1920s and the one page 1040. Absolutely.

I think there would be a modest "no taxes up to XX amount", then everything above would be taxed at the same rate.

+1000000

Why the hell am I spending weeks of my time trying to analyze health insurance products when a) it's a subject I have limited knowledge of and b) I could actually be helping run and grow my business instead. If we didn't have to subsidize employee benefits we would absolutely have increased our headcount by 5-10% already in 2010.

Same thing goes for retirement savings. Companies are out of that business as well.

I think it's something worth trying. It's not without risk, obviously. Still, I'd rather err on the side of no tax than the draconian business killing crap we have now.

Again, there are trade offs. But DoD is so unbelievably expensive and poorly run that it's about the only way to reign it in.

That didn't work at all when Reagan and Bush did it. :unsure:

I know, right? It seems so simple.

Yes. And add: force states to standardize their business regulation rules or eliminate/change the current definition of nexus so that companies aren't forced to waste thousands of man hours filing out ridiculous forms for multiple states.

It's beyond ridiculous. The average person has no idea what it's truly costing them. Interstate commerce, my ass.