Snowtubing on the Skyway?

Lori

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/83663052.html

BUFFALO, NY (WKBW) -- The first ever Buffalo Powder Keg Winter Festivial was announced Friday, and aims to bring a 'flurry' of activity to Downtown.

Picture the Skyway full of weekday traffic. Now picture the Skyway’s Seneca Street off-ramp closed to traffic, full of people snow-tubing. That’s exactly what you’ll see Feb. 27-28 during the first-ever Buffalo Powder Keg Winter Festival. Free and open to the public, the two-day event will celebrate Buffalo winter in all its snowy glory. Dozens of outdoor activities are planned for adults and children alike.

“The Buffalo Powder Keg Winter Festival will reflect the stuff winter dreams are made of,” said Jeff Empric, festival co-chair and founder of Roaming Buffaloes, the group charged with organizing the festival. “Families can enjoy hot food and refreshments, participate in classic winter activities like ice skating and snowshoeing, while experiencing unique attractions like the World’s Largest Ice Maze, igloo building, a snow shoveling contest, and snow tubing down a Skyway off-ramp.”

Not sure whether that sounds totally freaking awesome, or a good way to end up in the hospital, or both ...

I only have one word regarding this: Holyfreakinghelldoesthatsoundlikeablastorwhat.

If I'm thinking right, that's the exit ramp for Dunn Tire Coca-Cola Park. So yeah, you could probably get up a good head of steam going down that thing ...

Crash helmet optional. :wallbash:

If I'm thinking right, that's the exit ramp for Dunn Tire Coca-Cola Park. So yeah, you could probably get up a good head of steam going down that thing ...

Crash helmet optional. :(

When we were kids one of our neighbors had a nice hill in the backyard. His father would take his tractor and make this really cool "track" with cures and high banks and spray it with water to freeze it. What a blast. I'm suprised none of us got killed. But then again we's also take your runner sleds down the frozen sidewalks and cross our fingers hoping no one pulled out of their driveway in front of us or worse yet over us.

My wife often wonders how we made it to adulthood. I keep telling her we haven't yet.

Crash helmet optional. :beer:

Last time I took that ramp, I was wishing I had a crash helmet, and that was in the back of a cab. :(