Goodell tells Jags

5 Wide

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for one it keeps the team in Buffalo. Ticket prices would definitely go up. There may even need to be some level of PSL to get the stadium built. But being in the NFL club costs money. I think the NFL respects the support the Bills get but the franchise has to make some effort to keep pace with the rest of the league.

But before a stadium can be built the question of ownership needs to be settled and what role Toronto will play. If it's 2 games a year, then a new stadium here will be needed. If it's 5-6 games a year then building a stadium isn't worth it. Then maybe an upgrade to RWS would be sufficient.

PTR

Yea, ticket prices would go up - to pay for the DEBT SERVICE on the new stadium.

I wouldn't go building a new stadium unless you're guaranteed all 8 regular season home games are at that stadium.

Downtown Buffalo would be a freakin nightmare for an NFL stadium location.

Knock down ECC South and build a new stadium there.

:beer:

You are very smart. :(

Florida's housing market just got crushed...Thats a big reason people arent buying season tickets there. You bought a house for 300k that is now going for 150k...you dont have lots of discretionary income.-And that includes buyers more or less from 2002-2008.Brutal.

Bigger markets can overcome a housing bust just by sheer numbers.

Gee, according to some, only people in Buffalo lack discretionary income. :(

I agree with you. As long as the stadium sells out there is NO REASON to move the Bills. I don't live in Buffalo so I can't go to games. I urge all you Buffaloians to support the team, no matter what. The will get to the playoffs in the next year or two. If you sellout, they won't move. That is simple enough.

Buy season tickets and Stub Hub them. Don't lay it all on WNY! :(

I live 500 miles away and hold 4 seats. You have no excuse. Pony up.

PTR

I live on the west coast of Canada that is 3100 miles away. It is a bit different. I have to cross the border as well (not a big deal but more difficult since 2001). Also my son plays hockey almost every Sunday and those games are more important then Bills games. I still get to watch the games on TV because they usually do not play at the same time but it is hard for me to get the chance to go. I did watch them when they were in Seattle last time. I pissed off a lot of Seahawk fans because the Bills killed them and I let them know.