Promo, I honor you

dib

I just bought a stainless Weber grill. I have christened it- Promo.

I have one of those myself, as well as a cast iron "barrel type" offset smoker, electric grill and a regular gasser, you won't be disappointed with the Weber at all dib! :thumbdown:

Here's a good site for all kinds of bbq recipes.

http://www.thesmokering.com/default.jsp

The forums section has a ton of tips and recipes as well!

Good luck!

So I have both a weber gas grill and weber smoker, (plus an electric smoker for when i be lazy), but thinking of ditching the smokers for a Big Green Egg. I hear they are fantastic, any body any experience with them? Most people who have them are fanatics, and i even see some folks in BBQ compitions using them on the TV

So I have both a weber gas grill and weber smoker, (plus an electric smoker for when i be lazy), but thinking of ditching the smokers for a Big Green Egg. I hear they are fantastic, any body any experience with them? Most people who have them are fanatics, and i even see some folks in BBQ compitions using them on the TV

It's quite an initial investment if you get the egg (various sizes available), the tables if you want a work station, etc... but from the reviews I've read it's quite worth it. The only thing I question is the durablitiy because it is ceramic. I'm sure professionals travel with them all the time, but the ham and eggers (no pun intended) like us, I would be afraid of cracking it or something.

To me the weber is the original and it's what I grew up learning on, so I'm pretty happy with it... along with the other three smokers/grills I own. (My wife said "really? You need FOUR grills?") She doesn't know the difference between a grill and smoker, so I let it slide. :thumbdown:

I was at a Home and Garden show last week and they had a guy selling the Big Green Eggs. They look very nice and they are expensive but I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for. If you get one let me know what you think.

I was at a Home and Garden show last week and they had a guy selling the Big Green Eggs. They look very nice and they are expensive but I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for. If you get one let me know what you think.

What he said. My charcoal Weber gave up the ghost at last and I want an egg. Now, to get the purchase request approved by accounting...:wallbash: