China is Choking The Chicken

Fukk China. I'm all for open trade, but with our job and economic condition here, maybe it's time we made a new commitment to more manufacturing here. Yes, it might mean higher prices on some goods but the overall benefit might be worth it. This really goes against what I believe but we've got to take care of our own house.

Fukk China. I'm all for open trade, but with our job and economic condition here, maybe it's time we made a new commitment to more manufacturing here. Yes, it might mean higher prices on some goods but the overall benefit might be worth it. This really goes against what I believe but we've got to take care of our own house.

Free Trade is turning out to be just like Communisim

Theoretically it sounds like a good idea. But when put into practice it has proven an abject failure

Free Trade is turning out to be just like Communisim

Theoretically it sounds like a good idea. But when put into practice it has proven an abject failure

How so? I'm going to guess you drive a Honda, have Sony AV equipment, and a have a computer built out of parts made in China.

Without those overseas manufacturers, you'd probably have paid 3x as much for those things and gotten a lesser quality product to boot.

How so? I'm going to guess you drive a Honda, have Sony AV equipment, and a have a computer built out of parts made in China.

But I'm sure he watches an American-made TV...

Damn, I almost typed that without laughing. Almost. :thumbdown:

But I'm sure he watches an American-made TV...

Damn, I almost typed that without laughing. Almost. :thumbdown:

Well, the glass is Corning's...

... manufactured in Asia ...

China....whining about flooding thier market with "cheap goods."

Thats the ultimate "pot meet kettle" right there.

You're missing the point, it wasn't because they really believe that the U.S is flooding the market with chickens, it was done purely out of retaliation.

Without those overseas manufacturers, you'd probably have paid 3x as much for those things and gotten a lesser quality product to boot.

Hard to find computer parts made in the USA becuase there aren't any. Wonder why?

Not much into AV. I have a Visio TV cheap from Walmart. Have no idea where it's made

And I don't drive a Honda. I drive a 12 year old Chevy made in Youngstown Ohio :thumbdown: