I'm P!ssed Where's the SNOW

Hammered a Lot

Just got done plowing my drive. Quarter mile long with drifts of 3 feet. We got about 16 inches. The weather forecasters were dead wrong . They said we would get around 3-6. I wonder how hard it is to be a weather person.Well 3 hours later after getting stuck twice I`m done.It was a good stress test for my fat old azz.Oh yeah my back door had 5ft of snow up against it.Back to the couch.I`don`t know what your pissed about. You must have one of those little city driveways to shovel. :(

I was going to buy a new snowblower this year, but instead I traded 2 Bruce Springsteen tickets (last show of the 2 year tour- tickets were scalping at $500-$700 each in the 200 level where we sat) for the use of a New Holland 170 Bobcat with a snowpusher and heated cab. SWEET. I used it the last 2 Bills home games to plow my lots and for the little snow we had after. Overkill, I know but atleast I was ready. Tank of fuel cost $40.

I was going to buy a new snowblower this year, but instead I traded 2 Bruce Springsteen tickets (last show of the 2 year tour- tickets were scalping at $500-$700 each in the 200 level where we sat) for the use of a New Holland 170 Bobcat with a snowpusher and heated cab. SWEET. I used it the last 2 Bills home games to plow my lots and for the little snow we had after. Overkill, I know but atleast I was ready. Tank of fuel cost $40.

Boys and their toys :( Sounds like fun.

Well- we got about 30 inches now here in Maryland and i gave up on the driveway. at least 6 more inches expected today. i'll hire a neighborhood kid to dig it out. Waaaaay too much snow. about 200K people have lost power and i'm worried that we will be next. it could be days to get it back. can you imagine all the people that will miss the SB broadcast?

That would be a crime! :(

I'm in MAryland right now (suburban DC) and i have 25 inches of fresh snow on my deck. 6-10 more inches to come today. Just had to clean a tunnel for the dogs. It's sick....as major as any Buffalo storm i have seen in the past 20 yrs.

SWEET! Time to build a snow fort.

What is enough snow for snowshoeing?

To answer your question... Probably no snow at all... But that isn't the practical purpose. One can probably snowshoe in the middle of summer, but that would look silly.

One would think that you would need a lot of snow before you start considering putting on the snowshoes? What is the purpose of going when there is just a little snow... Normal boots would work just fine. Aren't snowshoes for when the snow is really deep and your normal boots sink in and become impractical?

Rock is probably talking about just enough snow where normal boots become impractical on a hike by sinking in too much.

To answer your question... Probably no snow at all... But that isn't the practical purpose. One can probably snowshoe in the middle of summer, but that would look silly.

One would think that you would need a lot of snow before you start considering putting on the snowshoes? What is the purpose of going when there is just a little snow... Normal boots would work just fine. Aren't snowshoes for when the snow is really deep and your normal boots sink in and become impractical?

Rock is probably talking about just enough snow where normal boots become impractical on a hike by sinking in too much.

Yup! You also want the ground frozen so you do not sink into soft sod or mud.

Yup! You also want the ground frozen so you do not sink into soft sod or mud.

That too Rock, no doubt. I am still living trauma the time my older brother took me under his care and walked to the store near our house. He decided to take a shortcut, I protested and didn't win... Besides, he'd bet the crap out me! I still remember walking through a quagmire and literally losing a boot in the mud! Ahh... Those early March hikes to the corner store! :worthy::(

Like my sister in VT says... There is no spring... Just jumps from winter to summer via "mud season." :thumbsup::thumbsup: