Which Home Game is most likely to be moved to Toronto?

erikturk

toronto opponent 2010  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to exile to Toronto to play the Bills

• Pittsburgh
    • Cleveland
    • Detroit
    • Chicago
    • Jets
    • Pats
    • Fins
    • Jacksonville

Out:

Miami - Two years ago

Pittsburgh - Pre-season game

Jets - last year

Maybe:

Browns

Detroit

Cleveland

Most likely:

Jacksonville

Patriots

Chicago

Discussion:

Jacksonville would be best for Buffalo - There's not too many Jaguars fans in Toronto (I don't think - are there any Jag fans anywhere?) so it would be most like a home game for Bills.

Patroits would complete the AFC East opponents, each of whom would have played in T.O.; But they travelled internationally last year (I. Bowl in London) so maybe that puts them less likely to travel internationally. Probably lots of Tom Brady and Pats fans in Toronto - Home field would be a wash.

Chicago would be marketed as "Bears vs the Bills" and they'd try to evoke the 85 Bears vibe to get people to go to the game.

My pref - Jacksonville - The other teams we play we should play in O.P. where we have a real home field. Would season ticket sales in Buffalo increase if a "Dog" of a game got moved (send the Browns!!!) instead of an opponent who doesn't play often in Buffalo? However Cleveland might travel to Toronto to watch the game as much as Buffalo fans would, which might lead to lack of Home field advantage again.

Let the speculation begin!!!

Out:

Miami - Two years ago

Pittsburgh - Pre-season game

Jets - last year

Maybe:

Browns

Detroit

Cleveland

Most likely:

Jacksonville

Patriots

Chicago

Discussion:

Jacksonville would be best for Buffalo - There's not too many Jaguars fans in Toronto (I don't think - are there any Jag fans anywhere?) so it would be most like a home game for Bills.

Patroits would complete the AFC East opponents, each of whom would have played in T.O.; But they travelled internationally last year (I. Bowl in London) so maybe that puts them less likely to travel internationally. Probably lots of Tom Brady and Pats fans in Toronto - Home field would be a wash.

Chicago would be marketed as "Bears vs the Bills" and they'd try to evoke the 85 Bears vibe to get people to go to the game.

My pref - Jacksonville - The other teams we play we should play in O.P. where we have a real home field. Would season ticket sales in Buffalo increase if a "Dog" of a game got moved (send the Browns!!!) instead of an opponent who doesn't play often in Buffalo? However Cleveland might travel to Toronto to watch the game as much as Buffalo fans would, which might lead to lack of Home field advantage again.

Let the speculation begin!!!

I would say history of past Canuck games would lead us to believe it's the Patriots.

I would prefer it to be Jax or even Detroit but for marketing purposes for Toronto, it will be the Patriots in the annual December game. It's a fit because the last few years, we have played the Pats at home in December and the annual "home" game in TO is in December, so the obvious choice would be the Pats.

I hate it but there it is!

You would think it wouldn't be the Browns, Bears, or Lions as they'd probably want to avoid a snoozer game like the one we had last year against the Browns. However, we did play the Dolphins a could years ago after their 1-15 season so I guess it really could be anyone. I think it will probably be the Pats just to stick with the divisional theme.

If we get the pats in toronto, and somehow beat them for the first time in 10 plus games, that would be cool cause it's a win, but damn I want to be in the Ralph when we finally get them.

THat is the giant catch-22. Move the Pats game and miss finally beating them again at the Ralph would be bitter sweet to say the least. I say move the Detroit game. Inconsequential mostly, although could become a home game of sorts for the Lions.

If we get the pats in toronto, and somehow beat them for the first time in 10 plus games, that would be cool cause it's a win, but damn I want to be in the Ralph when we finally get them.

I agree that I would want to beat them at "HOME" and Toronto is not our home and hopefully will never be...I do appreciate the loyal Canadians who root for the Bills! That is pretty cool...we locals just hate to see them on foreign turf...no pun intended...I mean anywhere that is not at the Ralph regarding home games. Haven't the last two years teams have been from AFC East?? Anyways, give'em either Chicago, or Detroit, or even Cleveland which has been a clunker the past few years.

I'm guessing Pats* since Toronto wants ticket sale numbers, not ticket giveaway numbers reported. How many NE* fans will be wondering if they have to learn a new language since they would be going to a foreign country to see their team play?

You asked two different questions for one poll. Which one will or which one do we want?

I bet it'll be Pittsburgh.

I'm thinking this one as well. 'Trono' needs to sell the game so Lions, Jax, Cle are out and they've already seen Jets & Fish. Stillers are such a huge draw, they typically snatch up 35k of our seats when they play here. Since this Trono experiment has been anything but a home game atmosphere for the Bills, might as well be like a road game..

I'm guessing Pats* since Toronto wants ticket sale numbers, not ticket giveaway numbers reported. How many NE* fans will be wondering if they have to learn a new language since they would be going to a foreign country to see their team play?

I'd think Pittsburgh would be the one. Their fans travel well, so if they are looking for a revenue generator, the Steelers would be the solution.

Which question are you asking--the one at the title of the thread, or the one at the top of the poll? Very different questions.

Want: Anyone but Chicago; I want to see the Bears game here.

Which team do I think goes up there? Pittsburgh. Wasn't it Pittsburgh who started this with a well-attended preseason game? Or New England; traveling fans + it will complete the division cycle.

Who should go? Jax.

Pittsburgh has already had a game up there, pre-season 2008. I doubt they will be the ones going. Ralph will want that sellout for home.

Unfortunately, it's not up to Ralph and the Bills organization as per the deal. I would doubt Pittsburgh, since they played there already. But to increase ticket sales, that would be the way to go, with the Patsie's a close second.