Why Does The IRS Need Shotguns

Where I work, the site was built in 1960 (Cold War)... If one was to go back and find and original site plan (I did)... They would find that the site was to be equipped with 2 handguns (If I remember correctly ".44 revolver.") and shotgun (riot gun).

Nobody, including the old-timers remember what happened to those weapons. I think they got feet and walked away. ;):sick:

On another note... Working at a federal site... It is always a magnet for the crazy conservative (sorry couldn't resist that jab... I suppose liberal too! ;) ) types... There has been numerous bomb-threats and other types of threats through the years... Most recently was after 911... A caller threatened the USCG too... One time they had to evacuate their coast guard station... The threat moved on to us and then commercial shipping. He would get on the marine radio (VHF-FM, channel 16) and threaten to shoot the pilots out of their pilot house. The tow pilots didn't like that... Many being from down south openly admitted that they were packing too. It got so bad through that spell that they were trying to triangulate the caller's position... He must have been on a protable. Even harder because there are some "dead spots" on the river... We would pick up a transmission with our big antenna... Yet the Coast Guard would not get the signal all the time (and they have bigger/better equipment).