Apologizing to the disabled community - again!

Heard about this on FoxSnooze over lunch, where they were really playing up the Palin angle. The general consensus was that while we could definitely sympathize with Palin's upset as a parent of a Down's Syndrome child...the whole "issue" was pretty damned retarded otherwise.

I would also like to point out that while Down syndrome people often have lower-than-average cognitive ability - not all do. So labeling all Down's babies/people "retarded" is an error.

Speaking of Palin, Jay Feely (Feeley?) went fishing today, said he ":caught a Palin" and threw it back in to churn up the waters. Very cute, especially for a kicker.

I would also like to point out that while Down syndrome people often have lower-than-average cognitive ability - not all do. So labeling all Down's babies/people "retarded" is an error.

I was under the impression that lower-than-average cognitive ability was a requirement for diagnosing Down's, myself. Not that I'm doubting you (I believe, in this case, your knowledge is greater than mine)...I just find it interesting that that could be the case.

Speaking of Palin, Jay Feely (Feeley?) went fishing today, said he ":caught a Palin" and threw it back in to churn up the waters. Very cute, especially for a kicker.

Nice... :wallbash: Again, can't blame her for being sensitive to it, but I find this whole issue retarded. <_<

But wait! It gets better!

So...let's see, Palin rips Obama's guy and DEMANDS he be canned. Yet - she's on her way to campaign for a guy whose top aide DID THE SAME THING.

So let's see... will she stick to her guns and insist Gov Goodhair fire the guy? Will she refuse to campaign for him?

Fun, fun fun.

But wait! It gets better!

So...let's see, Palin rips Obama's guy and DEMANDS he be canned. Yet - she's on her way to campaign for a guy whose top aide DID THE SAME THING.

So let's see... will she stick to her guns and insist Gov Goodhair fire the guy? Will she refuse to campaign for him?

Fun, fun fun.

The "R" word? They can't even write "retarded" anymore? That really is retarded.