Apologizing to the disabled community - again!

Heard about this on FoxSnooze over lunch, where they were really playing up the Palin angle. The general consensus was that while we could definitely sympathize with Palin's upset as a parent of a Down's Syndrome child...the whole "issue" was pretty damned retarded otherwise.

And if this was the Bush Administration or a staffer on any Republican's staff. The press would have him fired already and stringing him up from the nearest tree. Rahm Emanuel is psychotic.

Hmm well let's see - I have complained in the past about people on this board calling other people, or other people's ideas "retarded". Or worse calling others "retards". Even "f-in retards".

And every time I have been mocked by the wingnuts who think it's ok.

I don't think it's ok, but I certainly don't see where THIS crowd should take exception to it.

Hmm well let's see - I have complained in the past about people on this board calling other people, or other people's ideas "retarded". Or worse calling others "retards". Even "f-in retards".

I don't think it's ok, but I certainly don't see where THIS crowd should take exception to it.

Retardedest

Ever

:w00t:

This post brought to you by the "lady" who thought "Gang of Pedophiles" was an appropriate insult for the Republican Party.

Spare us the hypocritical tears.

:thumbdown:

Non-story.

I hold no strong feelings either way on Sarah Palin, but her facebook reaction to this is just too much. Linking this "incident" to a commentary on the federal budget, suggesting it makes Emanuel unfit to participate in government, titling someone a 'patriot' for no apparent reason and actually choosing a facebook post as her method of communication is ridiculous. If she hadn't been so busy cramming superfluous language into her boilerplate 'indignant reaction', she might have been able to make the 140-character limit and put it on Twitter.

You remind me of an old friend. Sarah, I think her name was. Sarah Mclachlan. She used to write fun songs with soft acoustic guitar played gently over a well-tuned piano. Her music was so beautiful it would send people, flocking to attend her joyful and festive embrace of life. Lilith Fair she called it. And oh, what a pleasant fair it was!

Were they political figures in the public eye?

Apology not accepted!

I'm sure right about now Rahm Emanuel is thinking to himself "These stupid !@#$ing retards, !@#$ing up my &$%# day, I want to rip my !@#$ing hair out of my head. You've got to be $%&%ing me. What the holy !@#$?!?"

:wallbash:

Would someone explain what this means:

Emanuel also promised to "examine" Congressional legislation that would remove the word from federal law.

You know what we should do? Kill people who use the word. That's right. Kill 'em.

Any of you homos call someone a retard...we kill ya.

Would someone explain what this means:

You know what we should do? Kill people who use the word. That's right. Kill 'em.

Any of you homos call someone a retard...we kill ya.

"Starting immediately, federal building codes will no longer refer to 'fire-retardant' material, for fear of upsetting Special Olympians. From now on, referring to building material of special flammability as 'fire-retardant' will be subject to a $2500 fine."

Reminds me of when California banned the use of the terms "master" and "slave" with respect to hard drives in computers. Okay...just call 'em "plantation owner" and "cotton picker" drives.

You remind me of an old friend. Sarah, I think her name was. Sarah Mclachlan. She used to write fun songs with soft acoustic guitar played gently over a well-tuned piano. Her music was so beautiful it would send people, flocking to attend her joyful and festive embrace of life. Lilith Fair she called it. And oh, what a pleasant fair it was!

Only a freakin retard would write a post like that.