(OT)Pretty freaking Sad

gantrules

I got a letter in the mail that my subscription to Choptalk magazine....the Braves newsletter....is being cancelled.

The letter stated that they are doing it b/c of lack of interest in the magazine therefore they are discontinuing it. Another sign of the great fan support for the Braves. :lol:

Being a fan of the Bills, who have one of the most supportive fan bases even in hard times. And a fan of the Braves, who have the crappiest fan base even though they have been to the playoffs 13 years in a row, it amazes me that people can just overlook their franchise like Braves fans do.

A lot of cities would love to have the opportunities that the Braves have had. I'm curious if the franchise would still even be in Atlanta if they hadn't been as good as they have been.

Sad, sad, sad.....

I got a letter in the mail that my subscription to Choptalk magazine....the Braves newsletter....is being cancelled.

The letter stated that they are doing it b/c of lack of interest in the magazine therefore they are discontinuing it. Another sign of the great fan support for the Braves.  :lol:

Being a fan of the Bills, who have one of the most supportive fan bases even in hard times. And a fan of the Braves, who have the crappiest fan base even though they have been to the playoffs 13 years in a row, it amazes me that people can just overlook their franchise like Braves fans do.

A lot of cities would love to have the opportunities that the Braves have had. I'm curious if the franchise would still even be in Atlanta if they hadn't been as good as they have been.

Sad, sad, sad.....

130619[/snapback]

Man. Choptalk has been around forever.

Atlanta has the crappiest fairweather bandwagon pro sports fans in the country. I'm convinced of it. The Bulldogs get more press than the Falcons. The tech B-Ball team more than the Hawks (rightfully so), and the Braves have outright spoiled the city. Last time they made the pennant you could still buy walk up seats right before game time. I won't even go into the Thrashers, because then I'd have to get into my hockey doesn't belong south of the Mason-Dixon Line diatribe. They have some of the best young talent in the league, but their fans are the leftover sludge in the tank from all the transplants who still root for their hometown teams. At least I get to see the Sabres 2x a year (present season excluded).

The Falcons bandwagon is rolling, but once the fanbase realize the NFC can make anyone look good, they'll hop off quick enough.

130619[/snapback]

Damnit, the first thing I thought of when I saw that was the Buffalo Braves. I miss my basketball team. Growing up, I was a Braves/Sabres fan 1st, Bills 2nd.

I miss basketball altogether. Man, does the NBA suck today. The word suck can't even do it justice.

----------------------------------------

I agree wholeheartedly.

College Bball is the only thing that keeps me going through February and March...

I miss basketball altogether.  Man, does the NBA suck today.  The word suck can't even do it justice.

130867[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm thinking of way back. Red, white & blue basketball days. I don't even watch it these days.

I watch some of the college tournament ball in March, that's about it.