this restricted free agent situation due to the

BeastMode54

The "peace" served its purpose. The owners will be in great shape for a lockout at this point. The players will get rolled.

It "served its purpose?" LOL! Yes I'm sure a lockout in 2011 was just what the owners were looking for back when they got bent over by the players in 2006.

Wonders never cease.

It "served its purpose?" LOL! Yes I'm sure a lockout in 2011 was just what the owners were looking for back when they got bent over by the players in 2006.

Wonders never cease.

"bent over by the players"---hahahaha! How so? Are the players really getting 60% of revenue?

The locked out players have no bargaining position and no paychecks. The league and the owners have a massive warchest.

The new CBA, if there ever is one again, will be written under entirely different rules.

how many restricted free agent players would be on the market if this wasn't an uncapped year? not saying we would have gotten a lot of high profile FA"s, but the pool would have been MUCH bigger to choose from. The pickens are pretty slim now

don't worry, Ralph will cut loose the remaining big money contracts in the uncapped year. He will do his part to stock the free agent market.

I wouldn't mind a veteran like Chris Chambers to add to WR core, especially if we lose Reed.

Someone started a Chambers thread the other day and I'm also on board with it. I'd go as far to say target him and Kevin Walter or a TE like Ben Watson to pair with Nelson. We have to make at least a decent splash in free agency the draft alone WILL NOT cut it....... get a couple skill guys and a LB in free agency and add beef in the draft. That's how it's done.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...=chris+chambers

"bent over by the players"---hahahaha! How so? Are the players really getting 60% of revenue?

The locked out players have no bargaining position and no paychecks. The league and the owners have a massive warchest.

The new CBA, if there ever is one again, will be written under entirely different rules.

Hate to break it to you doc, but the owners have always held the cards; even as far back as...2006. This is not a new development and they've never need a "war chest," if, in fact, they have one.

As I told you back then, the owners should have allowed the CBA to expire and taken their chances with a lockout 2 seasons (2008) later, instead of giving the players a taste of a higher percentage of revenues and allowing them a chance to build-up their own warchest (albeit a fraction of what the owners have). The reason they got bent over (and they did---hahahahaha!), is because the owners waited until the last minute to get going, the NFLPA wouldn't push back their FA deadline a 3rd time, and the "best and the brightest owners" didn't want to have to make massive player cuts to get under the cap. Great strategy!

And don't kid yourself because you're not fooling anyone else: the owners opt-ed out because they said, and I quote, "the players got too much." Sure the owners still made a profit. But not enough to satisfy them.

You have been explaining it away as "preserving labor peace." Yet there will likely be a lockout in 2011. And all parties will stand to lose. Again I seriously doubt the owners had that in mind when they were shown popping bubbly on ESPN after signing it.