this restricted free agent situation due to the

BeastMode54

I wouldn't count on signing anyone this offseason to be honest. Too many UFA's now won't be, many more RFA's just got extended. Then add in two tags available in a non capped year. Unless Nix and complany can spot a diamond in the rough, I say just prepare for the draft.

I wouldn't count on signing anyone this offseason to be honest. Too many UFA's now won't be, many more RFA's just got extended. Then add in two tags available in a non capped year. Unless Nix and complany can spot a diamond in the rough, I say just prepare for the draft.

The only thing that will help the market will be overpriced veterans being cut from their bloated contracts, and a rebuilding team really shouldn't have any interest in those kinds of guys anyway, unless we can find, say a NT like Rogers out there.

Someone started a Chambers thread the other day and I'm also on board with it. I'd go as far to say target him and Kevin Walter or a TE like Ben Watson to pair with Nelson. We have to make at least a decent splash in free agency the draft alone WILL NOT cut it....... get a couple skill guys and a LB in free agency and add beef in the draft. That's how it's done.

I really hope the Bills go hard after Levi Jones. I know we had this conversation last summer but he actually ended up helping Washington's O-Line tremendously down the stretch.

If we can bring him in and re-sign Incognito and Simmons, that will at least free up our draft choices quite considerably.

how many restricted free agent players would be on the market if this wasn't an uncapped year? not saying we would have gotten a lot of high profile FA"s, but the pool would have been MUCH bigger to choose from. The pickens are pretty slim now

worse time this could happen. Last time me had a change in regime we made some big buys, not good buys, but big buys, dockery , walker.

worse time this could happen. Last time me had a change in regime we made some big buys, not good buys, but big buys, dockery , walker.

There is never a good time for this to happen, but this also gives Nix and Gailey a pass in year one IMO.. Be prepared for a step back before we can go forward.. this won't be well received, but its probably going to be the case. Its the right way to do it...

The only thing that will help the market will be overpriced veterans being cut from their bloated contracts, and a rebuilding team really shouldn't have any interest in those kinds of guys anyway, unless we can find, say a NT like Rogers out there.

Matt Light may be a casualty of just that. He would really help out our team moving forward as he can still play well and give us a lot of flexibility with the draft.

Matt Light may be a casualty of just that. He would really help out our team moving forward as he can still play well and give us a lot of flexibility with the draft.

That would be good If we are going 3/4 we need a lot of help up front

how many restricted free agent players would be on the market if this wasn't an uncapped year? not saying we would have gotten a lot of high profile FA"s, but the pool would have been MUCH bigger to choose from. The pickens are pretty slim now

Get ready for a lockout in 2011 as well and maybe the uncapped year may find the Owners playing hardball and not offering deals leaving most FA on their current team

Get ready for a lockout in 2011 as well and maybe the uncapped year may find the Owners playing hardball and not offering deals leaving most FA on their current team

and also expect players to hold out more like they did in the '70's.

There is never a good time for this to happen, but this also gives Nix and Gailey a pass in year one IMO.. Be prepared for a step back before we can go forward.. this won't be well received, but its probably going to be the case. Its the right way to do it...

You are absolutely correct. They need to build in the draft right now. In a few years if they can make a run. That is the time to break the bank and go after 3-4 free agents that can put them deep into the playoffs. Right now it's just a waste of time and cash better spent elsewhere. The next two or three years needs to be spent building a solid foundation.

And if it stays like this, draft picks would appear to be worth more. Wouldn't this make sense? Trading down might be a good option if we can get more value than the traditional value chart would dictate.

Just thinking out loud......

Could get real ugly. No salary cap in 2010 and a possible lockout in 2011. I saw a thing in the NY Daily News yesterday that had all the scenarios and what it all means. No cap also means no minimum payroll. Teams can spend as little as they want and make a huge profit for the year. Anyone with non-guaranteed money can be cut with no penalty to the team. What do you think Ralph will do? Spend money or turn into the Pittsburgh Pirates and rake in as much cash as possible while claiming the team is rebuilding? I don't think the Bills are going to sign any free agents that would be helpful at all.

I do wonder what having no cap does to the draft picks. Do teams keep paying the 1st round picks insane amounts of cash or not? Unrestricted free agency changed from 4 to 6 years, teams really want to give guys guaranteed money for 6 years with most 1st rounders being busts?

Should be interesting. Most Bills fans expect the team to rebuild and get better. I expect them to clean house as far as veteran players go, not sign any free agents and be worse than 2009. I also expect there to be no NFL football in 2011. It's a big, giant mess just waiting to happen.

Good; it means that this team can't make any more idiotic free agent moves.

Let's just have a good draft, and play with the guys we have. I'm of the view that good coaching can also account for a few more wins this year.