Dan Lefeover

rpcolosi

North's MOP :

http://www.cm-life.com/2010/01/30/lefevour...at-senior-bowl/

Stock way up against top BCS talent :

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/336422-...tock-up-or-down

dallasnews.com: Dan LeFevour of Central Michigan showed the best arm and throwing mechanics of the three North quarterbacks. Cincinnati's Tony Pike has something, but Oregon State's Sean Canfield has limited arm strength.

sure - he struggled like EVERY OTHER QB during the week of practice, as documented. He showed up at game time and made some excellent throws against some good competition. I'm not saying he is the answer, but in rounds 2 or 3 he's a better value then Clausen in round 1 (so help me God if I hear more people on here say how good he is. the thought of him makes me wanna puke. He is brady Quinn part Deux). McCoy's arm is weak. Bradford's will continue to decline, and Pike, though he has a cannon looked horrible in the game.

I know its one game, nothing to get excited about, but the kid looked good against SEC top teir talent. He can play in snow and cold weather, and his conference has a history of producing good QBs (Pennington, Rothelisberger, Leftwhich, etc).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North's MOP :

dallasnews.com: Dan LeFevour of Central Michigan showed the best arm and throwing mechanics of the three North quarterbacks. Cincinnati's Tony Pike has something, but Oregon State's Sean Canfield has limited arm strength.

sure - he struggled like EVERY OTHER QB during the week of practice, as documented. He showed up at game time and made some excellent throws against some good competition. I'm not saying he is the answer, but in rounds 2 or 3 he's a better value then Clausen in round 1 (so help me God if I hear more people on here say how good he is. the thought of him makes me wanna puke. He is brady Quinn part Deux). McCoy's arm is weak. Bradford's will continue to decline, and Pike, though he has a cannon looked horrible in the game.

I know its one game, nothing to get excited about, but the kid looked good against SEC top teir talent. He can play in snow and cold weather, and his conference has a history of producing good QBs (Pennington, Rothelisberger, Leftwhich, etc).

If he's that good he may not last til the second round. If he has an outstanding combine workout he could move mid first round. I don't know of him that well, but he has the physical tools for a QB and if he's cool under pressure and shows above average QB skills at the combine I can see him moving up.

North's MOP :

Notice the bolded part compared to the title of this thread. Just a tiny little contradiction. Just sayin...

You are correct, it doesn't match up with the title..Touchette!

the title was more a mockery of someone else's post saying he is NOT the answer and asking us to stop discussing him. my point is simply he is a prospect we should consider and certainly not stop discussing. In fact, I'd venture to say he is someone we should focus a lot more on then say Casey Clausen, McCoy or Bradford.

You are correct, it doesn't match up with the title..Touchette!

the title was more a mockery of someone else's post saying he is NOT the answer and asking us to stop discussing him. my point is simply he is a prospect we should consider and certainly not stop discussing. In fact, I'd venture to say he is someone we should focus a lot more on then say Casey Clausen, McCoy or Bradford.

You contradicted yourself and couldn't even spell his name right. I'd say you failed if the above was your aim.

FYI-Also, it's Jimmy Clausen.

After watching the game. He was by far the best QB of the game.But franchise QB, think not. Brohm, Edwards have as much arm strenght or more. Still searching. Oh one note that seems to be misleading. The great Jim Kelly did not have a cannon arm either.Just guts and lots of them.

After watching the game. He was by far the best QB of the game.But franchise QB, think not. Brohm, Edwards have as much arm strenght or more. Still searching. Oh one note that seems to be misleading. The great Jim Kelly did not have a cannon arm either.Just guts and lots of them.

One more thing about LeFevour. He has been consistantly excellent through four years of major college football. He has a complete portfolio.

Agree. Lafevous IS brian brohm. Kelly had a bunch of hall of famers and pro bowlers around him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...p&type=lgns

out of that article: Gilyard’s teammate, Tony Pike, is considered the top-rated NFL prospect among the participating quarterbacks and he looked solid in a brief outing.

id be ok with any of these 2

Trent Edwards looks like the HULK compared to Tony the Pike. Skinny weak and NOT- Durable.Hurt the last couple of yrs. PLEEEAse say NO.

DLF

-He's a spread QB

-80% of his passes were under ten yards (Trent 2.0)

-The competition he's faced is 2nd teir

Saying that Clausen is Brady Quinn is the most ignorant thing that I've heard people say on this board. Quinn has a mediocre arm and throws a horrible floating deep ball. When he was at ND, he had a very good o line and a solid running game. Clausen had a ZERO running and bad Oline, yet he made great throw after great throw. His deep ball was always on point and he routinely threw to the opposite hash with accuracy and ease. He also makes no mistakes. Clausen will be a very good pro and LeFevour will be sittig on someones bench until he's eventuallly cut.

Trent Edwards looks like the HULK compared to Tony the Pike. Skinny weak and NOT- Durable.Hurt the last couple of yrs. PLEEEAse say NO.

I would not mind Pike they can beef him up. his big problem is lack of mobility and he goes into a funk when things go wrong. On the plus side he does get hot and when he is on a roll he can do real damage. The reasons I favor LeFevour are that he has better leadership qualities and he is more mobile. I fear for Pike behind the Bills OL. Gailey likes mobile QB's also.