Thanksgiving dinner is easy

dib

It's getting further and further under my skin the more I think about it. I mean I could just stay here on Thursday, drive out their Thursday night and go to my mothers for the good stuff.

The killer is my sister-in-law didn't want to cook b/c she wants to spend time together. Is she expecting to go somewhere on Thansgiving day? Everything is closed? Why? SO PEOPLE CAN COOK TURKEY.

130526[/snapback]

My brother-in-law got a bird and complete fixings prepared by Wegman's one year. It was actually quite good. He was a divorcee at the time.

Not for anything, but my wife will not touch a raw turkey. Every time we have one, I am in charge of the bird, stuffing, giblets, gravy, etc. I usually also make taters, yams, and green salad. Her job is desserts, casseroles, table setting, etc. Everyone pitches in for preparation and cleanup and it makes it a lot less like work, and a whole lot more like family. .

If it really bugs you, send 8x10 photos to your SIL to tape to the chairs in front of the frozen meal. :w00t:

Friggen Cretin. Here...

Cranberry Relish:

1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg

3/8 cup orange juice

3/8 cup pineapple juice

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 tsp fresh grated cinnamon

1/8 tsp fresh ground cloves

12 oz fresh cranberries

1/4 cup golden raisins

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/8 tsp ground ginger

In a saucepan, combine juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook over a medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries and raisins, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 3-4 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove from heat, stir in nuts and ginger. Chill overnight.

Friggen Cretin. Here...

Cranberry Relish:

3/8 cup orange juice

3/8 cup pineapple juice

1/2 cup sugar

12 oz fresh cranberries

1/4 cup golden raisins

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/8 tsp ground ginger

In a saucepan, combine juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook over a medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries and raisins, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 3-4 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove from heat, stir in nuts and ginger. Chill overnight.

130694[/snapback]

Or:

1. Send wife to store.

2. Open can with electric opener.

3. Invert

4. Enjoy!

:w00t:

Friggen Cretin. Here...

Cranberry Relish:

3/8 cup orange juice

3/8 cup pineapple juice

1/2 cup sugar

12 oz fresh cranberries

1/4 cup golden raisins

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/8 tsp ground ginger

130694[/snapback]

When you say chill, you mean in a cleaned out empty can, correct?

Is it really cranberry sauce without those ridges in it?

Friggen Cretin Cranberry Sauce

1. Open top of can with can opener or hunting knife

2. Punch hole in bottom of can for air flow (hammer and nail works)

3. Slide jellied cranberry "roll" into fancy eating dish (gather the family to listen to that slurrrrrrpy sound)

4. Slice cranberry sauce into 1/2" round wedges and serve

:w00t: