Thanksgiving dinner is easy

dib

Here goes (heart surgeons are standing by)

2 Large pieces of lightly toasted corn rye, salad dressing (NOT mayonaise),turkey,stuffing,cranberry sauce, maybe swiss cheese, and bacon. Scallion the size of your forearm, and a beverage. All in front of a good movie or football game.

Well I found out today that my sister in law purchased a frozen meal that only has to be warmed up and serves 10 people.

Turkey, potatoes, pie...everything comes in it.

I'm a little disturbed seeing I'm driving 6 hours tomorrow(Detroit) to get there and I can't even get a fresh turkey dinner for Thanksgiving??? And that means no Turkey sandwiches either....

I'm seriously considering giving her a call and offering to bring the bird with me and cook it on Thursday. I don't want a packaged meal for Thanksgiving, it's suppose to be about cooking the meal.

Argh I'm disturbed by this.

Dib, that sounds freaking awesome. Any chance you can wrap one up and mail it to me?

Dib, that sounds freaking awesome. Any chance you can wrap one up and mail it to me?

130488[/snapback]

I'd have to pay freight fees for that bad boy. C'Mon over there's always room.

That's sad.

130495[/snapback]

It's getting further and further under my skin the more I think about it. I mean I could just stay here on Thursday, drive out their Thursday night and go to my mothers for the good stuff.

The killer is my sister-in-law didn't want to cook b/c she wants to spend time together. Is she expecting to go somewhere on Thansgiving day? Everything is closed? Why? SO PEOPLE CAN COOK TURKEY.

Well I found out today that my sister in law purchased a frozen meal that only has to be warmed up and serves 10 people.

Turkey, potatoes, pie...everything comes in it.

I'm a little disturbed seeing I'm driving 6 hours tomorrow(Detroit) to get there and I can't even get a fresh turkey dinner for Thanksgiving??? And that means no Turkey sandwiches either....

I'm seriously considering giving her a call and offering to bring the bird with me and cook it on Thursday. I don't want a packaged meal for Thanksgiving, it's suppose to be about cooking the meal.

Argh I'm disturbed by this.

130488[/snapback]

Well, you can stay home and cook your own. Stew in your own fresh juices, as it were.

I suggest that having peace in the family trumps having a piece of a fresh bird. :lol::lol:

Why not buy one of those delicious "honeybaked" spiral hams and bring it home with you? Don't upstage your hosts and insist that it be served on Thanksgiving Day - rather, just say you thought this would be nice for tomorrow.

Who knows? By popular acclaim, it might end up being a most welcome addition to the Thanksgiving Day fare!

Here goes (heart surgeons are standing by)

2 Large pieces of lightly toasted corn rye, salad dressing (NOT mayonaise),turkey,stuffing,cranberry sauce, maybe swiss cheese, and bacon.  Scallion the size of your forearm, and a beverage.  All in  front of a good movie or football game.

130478[/snapback]

much easier:

two pieces of bread, enough left over dark turkey to kill most men, a couple of cups of gravy, and a couple pats of butter.

Done.

It's getting further and further under my skin the more I think about it. I mean I could just stay here on Thursday, drive out their Thursday night and go to my mothers for the good stuff.

The killer is my sister-in-law didn't want to cook b/c she wants to spend time together. Is she expecting to go somewhere on Thansgiving day? Everything is closed? Why? SO PEOPLE CAN COOK TURKEY.

130526[/snapback]

What's she going to do? Stand over the oven and stare at it for three hours?

Guest bitch slap

130488[/snapback]

Wow. Your brother is one lucky guy. :lol::lol::lol:

What's she going to do? Stand over the oven and stare at it for three hours?

130618[/snapback]

Exactly!!!!

My wife said she didn't want to have to get up early and put it in the oven. How much does it take to put a bird in the oven and then go lay on the couch.

Exactly!!!!

My wife said she didn't want to have to get up early and put it in the oven. How much does it take to put a bird in the oven and then go lay on the couch.

130623[/snapback]

My mother is 5'3. If you said that to her, I'm pretty sure she would find the strength to kick the living crap outta you for saying that!!

She is up at 6:00am to put the turkey in, yes... but do you think the green bean caserole makes itself? The sweet potatos peel themselves? The white potatos mash themselves? The gravy make itself? The table sets itself? etc, etc, etc...

Sure, the rest of us helped out, but my mom is a machine one Thanksgiving day.

"put the turkey in and go lay on the the couch!"

ha!

Tons of places are open in Western NY on Thanksgiving, serving turkey dinner. That's a fact, Jack.

-----------------------------------------

Right. But, we aren't going out to eat. We are eating in. Unless she was planning on hanging out at a resturant or the Salvation Army and then going home and warming up the frozen meal.

She wants to spend time with us....but what exactly are we going to do besides eat, play cards, watch football and talk? It's not like we can head over to the mall. Plus we are gonna be in Detroit not here.

My mother is 5'3. If you said that to her, I'm pretty sure she would find the strength to kick the living crap outta you for saying that!!

She is up at 6:00am to put the turkey in, yes... but do you think the green bean caserole makes itself? The sweet potatos peel themselves? The white potatos mash themselves? The gravy make itself? The table sets itself? etc, etc, etc...

---------------------------------------------

If there was any disrespect or ignorance in that post then I apologize.

My point being I have to work all day tomorrow and then drive to Detroit in the evening to see these folks for Thanksgiving. I just don't understand not cooking a real meal when we are coming all the way out their to see them.

Not only that but they have been BEGGING us to come out for the holiday for three years!!!

---------------------------------------------

If there was any disrespect or ignorance in that post then I apologize.

130636[/snapback]

no, no... it was supposed to be taken lightly... Im just saying, If i ever said "mom, what's so hard about thanksgiving ... just put a bird in and lay on the couch" I'd probably have to explain a black eye to my guests! :lol: :lol:

I'm not being very thankful am I......

130639[/snapback]

No, but you still have a good point. Everyone could chip in and do their share in the kitchen, or bring it with them (dressing is better after it sets up and gets reheated anyway, homemade gravy can go into a freezer bag).

130526[/snapback]

Sounds like a cry for help to me. Setup a TV in the kitchen and get all the dudes to help her out.

No one should eat anything from processed on Thanksgiving - well, except for the canned cranberries I love so much. There's just something about gelatenous purple stuff that remains in the shape of the can.

Sounds like a cry for help to me.  Setup a TV in the kitchen and get all the dudes to help her out. 

No one should eat anything from processed on Thanksgiving - well, except for the canned cranberries I love so much.  There's just something about gelatenous purple stuff that remains in the shape of the can.

130648[/snapback]

Well, that sent an involuntary shudder.