Obama's Justice Dept Tackling The Big Issues Of The Day

Another great example of the Democrats taking care of the middle class.

The entertainment industry and the computer software industry are the two "good" big businesses that are sanctioned to make whatever profits they possibly can - without limits. Everything else that produces profits is evil, nasty and bad.

Look what they're doing to Toyota - Government Motors (temporarily among the exclusive for-profit conglomerates approved by the government) is giving $1,000 of our money to people who are hysterical about their suddenly "unsafe" Toyotas if they buy a new GM offering. Of course, once the froth subsides and the repair is made, GM will have a nationwide fleet of nice preowned Toyotas that they can sell at a handsome profit. Once again government knows best, does best, is best.

Look what they're doing to Toyota - Government Motors (temporarily among the exclusive for-profit conglomerates approved by the government) is giving $1,000 of our money to people who are hysterical about their suddenly "unsafe" Toyotas if they buy a new GM offering. Of course, once the froth subsides and the repair is made, GM will have a nationwide fleet of nice preowned Toyotas that they can sell at a handsome profit. Once again government knows best, does best, is best.

I give the administration a lot of credit for this insightful move. How great is it to freeze your competitor's sales, and then immediately offer a rebate to pick up all the frozen sales?

It's genius, really.

I give the administration a lot of credit for this insightful move. How great is it to freeze your competitor's sales, and then immediately offer a rebate to pick up all the frozen sales?

It's genius, really.

Somehow I doubt the government is behind the savvy decision to take advantage of a this business condition.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/foot...ml?xid=si_ncaaf

When they're done with that, maybe they can look into the PIAA District 10 playoff seedings. Their playoff formatting hurts consumers outside of Erie county

:censored:

Damn straight!

I'm freaking tired of having to travel up north and play postseason games against General McLane in Edinboro's gym!! Then with so many damned bars on the road home, a fella doesn't get to his rack 'til after 2:00am!!!

Get on them sumbitches Barak!!!!!

Damn straight!

I'm freaking tired of having to travel up north and play postseason games against General McLane in Edinboro's gym!! Then with so many damned bars on the road home, a fella doesn't get to his rack 'til after 2:00am!!!

Get on them sumbitches Barak!!!!!

I feel your pain brother...

That ride up I-79 can be pure hell in the winter... Especially when the wind is whipping right down from the lake... We went to FLA during Christmas break and then headed up to BFLO... Whatever the heck possessed me to drive through WV on up is beyond me! :censored: I white-knuckled it all the way up I-79 to Erie (literally driving headlong into a snow squall coming off the lake) in blinding white out conditions... Only saving grace (kept me motivated the whole time) is when we turned NE at I-90... Never in my wildest dreams I thought about praying to get to Erie, PA.

:rolleyes:

I don't care about snow; hell, that's good fun to drive around in.

I'm just tired of playing "neutral" site games at a gym 5 miles down the road from our opponent. Although after whupping up on some city folk, it does give us another thing to chuckle about at our various pit stops on the way home.

I feel your pain brother...

That ride up I-79 can be pure hell in the winter... Especially when the wind is whipping right down from the lake... We went to FLA during Christmas break and then headed up to BFLO... Whatever the heck possessed me to drive through WV on up is beyond me! :blink: I white-knuckled it all the way up I-79 to Erie (literally driving headlong into a snow squall coming off the lake) in blinding white out conditions... Only saving grace (kept me motivated the whole time) is when we turned NE at I-90... Never in my wildest dreams I thought about praying to get to Erie, PA.

:wallbash:

Somehow I doubt the government is behind the savvy decision to take advantage of a this business condition.

I think they're catching on now.

Toyota owners should "stop driving their cars and take them to their dealers," Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood said today when asked by Congress for his advice. "My advice is if anybody owns one of these vehicles, stop driving it, take it to the Toyota dealer because they believe they have the fix for it," LaHood told a House Appropriations Committee subcommittee during a hearing. LaHood also said the government would be looking into consumer complaints about electronic systems in the vehicles.

LaHood said he is "in discussions with Toyota every day."

After his statement, LaHood took a moment to remind everyone about GM's $1,000 incentive plan for anyone who was planning to buy a Toyota. :wallbash::beer:

Editor's Note To All Liberals: I'm just kidding around. We all know this is a particularly serious matter, especially because the pedals in question were manufactured in Elkhart, Indiana, which has been the focus of a year-long feature by MSNBC to put a face on how bad the economy is. That's why Obama has made four visits to that town prior to and after his election. FOUR visits. Jeez. Elkhart is like the Martha Coakley of unemployment. He might want to talk to MSNBC about finding another face of the economy.

After his statement, LaHood took a moment to remind everyone about GM's $1,000 incentive plan for anyone who was planning to buy a Toyota. :wallbash::beer:

Editor's Note To All Liberals: I'm just kidding around. We all know this is a particularly serious matter, especially because the pedals in question were manufactured in Elkhart, Indiana, which has been the focus of a year-long feature by MSNBC to put a face on how bad the economy is. That's why Obama has made four visits to that town prior to and after his election. FOUR visits. Jeez. Elkhart is like the Martha Coakley of unemployment. He might want to talk to MSNBC about finding another face of the economy.

I love the way a legitimately one-in-a-million event is now being portrayed as "Oh my God, they're trying to kill all of us!"

The first thing that came to my mind was, "Those sneaky bastards, they are trying to drive business away from Toyota and towards GM"

The first thing that came to my mind was, "Those sneaky bastards, they are trying to drive business away from Toyota and towards GM"

I try to only wear my tin foil hat on special occasions, but some blogs I stumbled on in the automotive world are actually insinuating that this was done intentionally because the pedals coming out of CTS (the mfg.) in Elkhart (Obama's favorite stumping ground) are the only ones with the problem. I highly doubt that because Toyota hires a lot of Americans, and there's no upside to helping freeze Toyota sales in the long term (not that this administration thinks long-term, but you get my drift.)

I try to only wear my tin foil hat on special occasions, but some blogs I stumbled on in the automotive world are actually insinuating that this was done intentionally because the pedals coming out of CTS (the mfg.) in Elkhart (Obama's favorite stumping ground) are the only ones with the problem. I highly doubt that because Toyota hires a lot of Americans, and there's no upside to helping freeze Toyota sales in the long term (not that this administration thinks long-term, but you get my drift.)

There's talk amongst some of the people I know in the industry that it's not the pedals, it's the software that controls the servos that do the work. Right now it's just talk...

There's talk amongst some of the people I know in the industry that it's not the pedals, it's the software that controls the servos that do the work. Right now it's just talk...
Very possible.

The gas pedals in question are electronic devices that use sensors to measure how hard and fast the driver is depressing or letting up on the accelerator. They send electronic signals that cause the engine to run faster or slower. Years ago, gas pedals used a cable that was physically linked to the engine and opened or closed the throttle mechanically.

WSJ story here.