Looks like the wheels are falling off

I just laugh because people want to blame Obama and every Democrat for any and all problems. Fact is that people can't or won't look themselves in the mirror for supporting the party that created A LOT of these problems.

Will Obama and democrats be able to solve the problems our country is facing now. Probably not, can they get us moving in the right direction. I hope so.

And to Alaska Darin... what about the administration (with two terms) prior to Obama? Yes, that administration really f'd over this country. Fact is the deficit was WAY out of control even before Obama stepped into office.

I just laugh because people want to blame Obama and every Democrat for any and all problems.

We're not blaming him for any and all problems. We're blaming him for his the ridiculous way he's trying to fix them, which will ultimately make things much worse than they are now. I know you probably think the best way to lower the unemployment rate is to increase the goverment's payrolls. But to folks like myself, that's a recipe for disaster. More government is never good, even if it does help artificially lower the unemployment rate for the sake of getting re-elected.

And to Alaska Darin... what about the administration (with two terms) prior to Obama? Yes, that administration really f'd over this country. Fact is the deficit was WAY out of control even before Obama stepped into office.

And the 10 administrations before that. It's nice to know that your partisanship can count all the way to 8 years. Quick, defend the Clinton administration by regurgitating the lie that they were paying down the debt. That's my favorite.

And the 10 administrations before that. It's nice to know that your partisanship can count all the way to 8 years. Quick, defend the Clinton administration by regurgitating the lie that they were paying down the debt. That's my favorite.

when these far left wackos pull that talking point i just laugh.

when these far left wackos pull that talking point i just laugh.

I'm a big fan of continuing to pretend they're somehow different. As soon as the economy tanked a little worse, the Democrats went into full "Trickle Down Economics" mode. Yeah, that idea totally sucks until you're the ones faced with a recession that's quickly morphing into a depression. Spend, spend, spend. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But somehow when the lefties do it, it's excusable. :)

The current administration's economic policies will hurt much more in the future.

Right, and just like Senator Sessions was referring to at the senate on friday, this whole "future" thing effects us now. The debt will clearly increase in the future, but as a result of this obvious fact, many businesses are making the necessary changes, and this effects us today as well.

Right, and just like Senator Sessions was referring to at the senate on friday, this whole "future" thing effects us now. The debt will clearly increase in the future, but as a result of this obvious fact, many businesses are making the necessary changes, and this effects us today as well.

The effect now is a pinprick. The effect in the future is going to look a whole lot more like Harakiri.

Well there is one fact at the end of the Clinton Administration... we had a surplus. And really how can one not take into account the wreck the Bush administration was?

I primarily vote democrat because I believe they are more likely to look out for the middle-class. Much more than the republican party ever has. I do grow tired with EVERY politician who does nothing, offers nothing and attempts nothing... both sides of the aisle. With that being said, yes I have voted for Independents or even the occasional Republican (only a few throughout my life) IF I feel as though they will actually do some good.

I'm a big fan of continuing to pretend they're somehow different. As soon as the economy tanked a little worse, the Democrats went into full "Trickle Down Economics" mode. Yeah, that idea totally sucks until you're the ones faced with a recession that's quickly morphing into a depression. Spend, spend, spend. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But somehow when the lefties do it, it's excusable. :rolleyes:

I also laugh at the Republicans in this board. Saying that they know SOOOOO much, yet their party and the people they voted for are doing nothing, saying nothing and when they had the chance royally F'd up this country.

A snippet I picked up the other day... "What would the long-term deficit look like under a President John McCain? The answer is: About 93 percent the same. The right way to rail on Obama's fiscal policy is to say he found the house and fire and hasn't produced a plan to extinguish it. But let's not pretend the guy in office for seven months lit the flame."

Yet, people here would be praising McCain and not bashing. :censored:

Well there is one fact at the end of the Clinton Administration... we had a surplus. And really how can one not take into account the wreck the Bush administration was?

There was NO SURPLUS. The fact that you and any other partisan continues to repeat that lie tells me how much they actually know. If there was a surplus, why would Al Gore have been talking about putting Social Security in a lock box (a point so cogent that even Saturday Night Live picked up on it).

I primarily vote democrat because I believe they are more likely to look out for the middle-class. Much more than the republican party ever has.

Another tired lie. Democrats and Republicans look out for the interest of the party. Neither gives a flying crap about anything else.

I do grow tired with EVERY politician who does nothing, offers nothing and attempts nothing... both sides of the aisle. With that being said, yes I have voted for Independents or even the occasional Republican (only a few throughout my life) IF I feel as though they will actually do some good.

Sure. :censored:

Yet, people here would be praising McCain and not bashing. :censored:

Anyone paying close attention to McCain at the end of the presidential campaign knew he wasn't much better for the country than Obama. In fact, he started getting heat from conservatives for some of the moronic spending ideas he had, in particular the plan to bail out people with bad mortgages. I'm glad he lost because whoever inherited the mess left behind by Frank, Dodd, Bush, etc. wasn't going to have a lot of success fixing things via more government spending.

By the way, I appreciate how the Democrats are "always looking out for the middle class" while the Republicans do nothing. If everyone in DC would just stop the nanny state hand-out crap, you'll probably find the middle class prefers to look out for itself. In spite of the liberal mantra, most people prefer less government in their life and do NOT believe that only the government can (fill in the blank).