Warner set to retire tomorrow; is he a Hall of Famer?

Lori

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's the list of QBs in the Hall whose careers began no later than 1965 (Namath) ... before that I didn't have a chance to see any of them:

Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Dan Fouts, Bob Greise, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Warren Moon, Joe Namath, Roger Staubach and Steve Young.

which one(s) would you take Warner ahead of for Bills QB? none for me. i simply dont see him in that class

This might be the dumbest of all your dumb posts, Moon, Namath, Griese, Aikman....none of those guys were demonstratively better than Warner. I love Kelly as much as anyone, but if you put Warner with the talent the Bills had, he may have done just as well. Not sure how he would run the no huddle, but he sure would be able to hit Reed and Lofton all day.

In 13 postseason games, Warner has completed 2/3 of his passes for almost 4000 yards, with 31 TDs and 14 INTs. Those are some absolutely sick numbers and cement his case for the HOF in my opinion.

This might be the dumbest of all your dumb posts, Moon, Namath, Griese, Aikman....none of those guys were demonstratively better than Warner. I love Kelly as much as anyone, but if you put Warner with the talent the Bills had, he may have done just as well. Not sure how he would run the no huddle, but he sure would be able to hit Reed and Lofton all day.

oh really? running the no huddle in the buffalo winter? i call BS on that one. we had a glimpse of warner in an outdoot cold weather stadium with the Giants, and he stunk up the joint

oh really? running the no huddle in the buffalo winter? i call BS on that one. we had a glimpse of warner in an outdoot cold weather stadium with the Giants, and he stunk up the joint

ok, lets say he cant run a no huddle in a blizzard.

so what?

that ONE criteria eliminates him from the HOF? then we should probably pull a lot of other great QBs out of the Hall too.

it seems like you are desperately grasping at straws here

ok, lets say he cant run a no huddle in a blizzard.

so what?

that ONE criteria eliminates him from the HOF? then we should probably pull a lot of other great QBs out of the Hall too.

it seems like you are desperately grasping at straws here

i was responding to someone who said he would do just as well as kelly with the bills offense. i think you need to calm down

If you had a clue, you would know that when Warner was with the Giants, they switched to Eli Manning in mid November. Therefore just about the time the cold weather was starting at Giants stadium, Warner wasn't playing. So the only glimpse of Warner you could have had was of him sitting on the bench while rookie Eli Manning stunk up the joint.

So don't call BS on something that you're BSing about.

Kurt Warner is Hall of Fame caliber, but should not be inducted. Much like Sterling Sharpe, the body of work wasn't long enough

making it over a decade in the NFL isnt long enough?

Sharpe played for 6 years, I agree that is too short for a WR.

But 11-12 years for a QB who didnt even START that career until he was 27 seems long enough to me.

Which hall of fame > Bible-thumping? Men with wives who have mullets? Just saying.

And here we have the real reason why many dislike Warner. OJ is in the HOF, which? When atheism becomes its own religion (fanatics) they pass over the line from rationality to sheer stupidity.

Warner's stats clearly indicate first ballot, perhaps even if Brett retires as well.

really? i cant think of any. he's also not a guy that other teams were clamoring over to get. no, sorry folks, he doesn't have the intangibles of a HOF QB

Um . . . I hate to say this . . . but if you can't think of anyone in the Hall of Fame that's worse than Warner, then you haven't been looking very hard. Kurt Warner averaged 7.9 yards per pass and has a 93.7 QB rating over the course of his career. Terry Bradshaw averaged 7.2 yards per pass and has a career QB rating of 70.9. Plus, Bradshaw was surrounded by offensive talent, including a great OL, amazing running game, and Hall of Fame WR Lynn Swan. So, yeah, if I'm building a team, and if I have to choose between Terry Bradshaw or Kurt Warner (with both guys in their primes), I know which one I'm picking. And it's not even close.

A better comparison player to Warner would be Joe Montana, who had 7.5 yards per pass attempt and a career passer rating of 92.3. Warner threw for 32,000 career yards, as opposed to Montana's 40,000 yards. (Montana's career was longer.)