What positions would you be drafting for?

There's a lot of "mockers" out there that have the Bills drafting a QB in the first round...IMO I don't think the 9th pick warrants taking a QB. I'll have to admit I haven't done my full homework on players, but from what I hear this draft is especially deep in the OT and DT department, both of which IMO are positions of need. Now a lot is going to happen between now and the draft, but this how I see them possibly drafting:

Round 1: OT (I really think no other option here, i'm hearing Brian Baluga alot)

Round 2: DT (if there are still solid big guys available, if not possibly QB or LB)

Round 3: QB (depending on outcome of round 2)

Round 4: LB (depending on the results of rounds 2 and 3)

Rounds 5 thru 7: take the best player available regardless of position

Let me know what you guys think!!

I feel like our 1st pick should be either a LT (Anthony Davis, Buluga, or Okung) or I go with a Clausen if he is available. Now if I go with Clausen at pick 9 (I don't trade up to get him) I then try to package our 2nd and 3rd round picks to trade back into the back end of the 1st round and get the best LT available (Bruce Campbell type). If I go with a LT round 1 I don't go QB in either round 2 or 3 I take the best player available in either round.

Drafting by position is a big reason why the Bills have sucked for so long. It's my contention that half of the Bills drafting problems have been caused by drafting for position instead of best player, and the other half has been taking the wrong player at the position.

They are always chasing, patching up one hole with a "hopeful", and a year later they have a new hole somewhere else that could have been filled the prior draft with a better prospect. Your 2nd and 3rd year guys often (or at least used to back when the Bills were good) make strides, and positions that seemed weak become solidified (Fred Jackson makes Marshawn Lynch somewhat of a wasted 1st pick). I realize you can't always count on that, but this approach will surely get a team into the playoffs a few times a decade.

The most important thing is getting guys that end up being good at their position. The rest will work itself out. Obviously there are some exceptions (like if you're loaded at defensive back), but over the long haul, that's the way to go. You can fill needs with adequate free agents while building the overall talent level of the team.

But then of course, if you haven't had a QB for 15 years.....

Drafting by position is a big reason why the Bills have sucked for so long. It's my contention that half of the Bills drafting problems have been caused by drafting for position instead of best player,

Agreed. '04 is a perfect example. They wanted a QB and missed out on the top group. So instead of moving to Plan B, they panic and make a horrible trade up, giving up the farm to pick Losman.

'09 is another example. Single minded focus on pass rush leads them to ignore all sorts of premier talent and waste the #9 pick on Maybin.