state of the union address

I am going to watch this sham of soon to be broken promises for two reasons-

To see the hilarious facial expressions and body language of Nancy Pelosi.

To see if Joe Wilson yells "you lie".

I would love to see the pre-Brown version of the speech vs what we get tonight. I Suspect 8 heath care pages where thrown out.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see the pre-Brown version of the speech vs what we get tonight. I Suspect 8 heath care pages where thrown out.

How would you know? You have an immense reading comprehension problem. Oh I get it, that explains why you want to see it all.

Wow the official thread starts out with that nonsense. What a joke.

I'm at work so I can't hear the speech, but on CNN.com it said he compared what we're going through to the Battle of Bull Run. He does realize that we got our asses kicked in that battle and our soldiers ran with their tails between their legs screaming all the way back to DC?

1. I can't believe how many times he is referring to the former administration. I can't stress how pathetic this comes off.

2. Claiming that congress needs to stop being political and start being better leaders... That was one of the weirdest way to present the fact that he's angry republicans aren't on his side. If anything, good leadership is standing up for what you believe in

3. Why does Al Franken get one of the best seats in the house? Unless he camped out all night waiting for front row tix, can anyone explain to me why he is the first seated senator behind the military leaders and our supreme court justices?

4. Michelle Obama's standing ovation. I guess I didn't realize she had done that much as a first lady. Her standing ovation lasted about 4 times the length they clapped and cheered for Haiti.

5. What's with the "its certianly not good politics [to campaign for healthcare reform] bit. I actually got a little bit offended that he thought it was appropriate to make a joke over the prospect of passing legislation that will seriously effect practically all of his citizens. He seemed to make light of the economics of the bill, and he did a much worse job defending his campaign for it then I was anticipating

6. I love the dude on the blackberry in the back row. I couldn't make out who he was, but he looked prominent and was straight up texting during the state of the union.

A few thoughts....

* He didn't strike a very partisan tone, which I thought was good

* Noticed how the House Democrats cheered their accomplishments as if they were mocking the Senate Democrats

* The Republicans seemed non responsive

* The Democrats really didn't like the Spending Freeze and drilling for oil initiatives

* The applause at the end of the speech was very muted

* Harry Reid seemed like he was about to sleep

A few thoughts....

* He didn't strike a very partisan tone, which I thought was good

* Noticed how the House Democrats cheered their accomplishments as if they were mocking the Senate Democrats

* The Republicans seemed non responsive

* The Democrats really didn't like the Spending Freeze and drilling for oil initiatives

* The applause at the end of the speech was very muted

* Harry Reid seemed like he was about to sleep

I noticed also that the place was pretty unresponsive during his support the troops bit. I think one person stood up.

And nuclear power? Clean coal? Man some of his greene followers must leaping now. I got a charge out of it when he accused the Supreme count[setting in front] of letting foreign cooperation's[foreign ENEMY cooperation's!] of influencing elections and the whole place stood up and applauded. No more Supreme court decisions for you.