Trade out of the 9th pick

BeastMode54

If, and this is a big if, Claussen is there at 9 or Bradford, and we decide we want to go OT (most likely either one of Davis, Bulaga, or Campbell will be there too), a team hungry for a QB with a more NFL ready line might be willing to swap picks with us. This way we add a high pick, AND get the OT that we so desperately need. Thoughts?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this trade down idea is REVOLUTIONARY! (i keed)

if youre serious, then the answer is either "who are we going to trade with?" or "stay at your spot and get your guy"

this is a better tackle class than it is a QB class, so if we can still grab a top OT at 9, stay there and grab him.

We're a team hungry for a QB. If you don't have a QB, you never pass up a chance to get a franchise QB. We can spend the remaining 8 picks on O-line if you want, just don't pass up a potential franchise QB.

But then what's the point of a QB if he has no time to throw the ball and no ability to run?

In the past, the Bills have simply been too lazt to work out the complications of a trade-down.

This year, I agree that it makes a lot of sense to trade down. I mean, there are about five first round OTs available and the best guard in the draft, Iupati, looks like he can also play tackle. But this is the Bills we are talking about. If there is a trade-down, it would give me a lot of confidence in Nix and Co.

On other hand, no-one is going to want one of this year's QB as high as 9. However, if McClain was still there when we pick, Denver or Miami might want him.

In the past, the Bills have simply been too lazt to work out the complications of a trade-down.

This year, I agree that it makes a lot of sense to trade down. I mean, there are about five first round OTs available and the best guard in the draft, Iupati, looks like he can also play tackle. But this is the Bills we are talking about. If there is a trade-down, it would give me a lot of confidence in Nix and Co.

On other hand, no-one is going to want one of this year's QB as high as 9. However, if McClain was still there when we pick, Denver or Miami might want him.

this statement is completely made up in your own head.

But then what's the point of a QB if he has no time to throw the ball and no ability to run?

Its not an all or nothing proposition. They would still have eight more picks to work with. That's true of the QB position as well, but I think this is a much, much better draft for OTs than QBs and that they stand a much better chance of getting a quality LT prospect in R2 than they do a QB.

Considering how many needs we have to fill, I am not averse to trading down. I have nightmares of drafting a stud like McLain who decides to hold out because he doesn't want to play in Buffalo. (The media has done such a great job of poisoning our reputation I think it's a real possibility.) If we can get a low #1 and a couple of #2's I think we can really improve our lines.

PTR

If, and this is a big if, Claussen is there at 9 or Bradford, and we decide we want to go OT (most likely either one of Davis, Bulaga, or Campbell will be there too), a team hungry for a QB with a more NFL ready line might be willing to swap picks with us. This way we add a high pick, AND get the OT that we so desperately need. Thoughts?

If either QB is there you take them

I must have missed the part where once you draft a potential franchise QB, you're then required to ignore the O-line forever. Good LTs are hard to find, but much easier to find than good QBs. Never pass on a potential franchise QB unless you already have an actual franchise QB on your roster.

Interesting possibility and I see your reasoning. Me, I'd take the best OT available at 9 (Probably Anthony Davis). If Davis is gone and Clausen or Bradford are there I'd be VERY tempted to trade down and take Beluga or Campbell.