Whitner Wants Troy Smith

BillsNYC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's review here. You whine like a 12 year old girl (no offense to 12 yo girls) and add nothing of substance ever. Whitner is a millionaire, who loves being a Bill, is one of the better leaders on the time, and would be signed in about 5 minutes if we cut him. Yeah, you're right. Whitner is a real loser! :P

The hate on DW is so freaking laughable. He is a good safety who didn't pick himself #8. unfortunately he got hurt and Wilson has turned himself into a good player himself. There's a part of me that hopes we get rid of Whitner and he goes on to be a pro bowler on another to just show how stupid some people are. Of course the same morons whining about DW would be the same morons whining letting him go.

Like that really means anything.

Like that really means anything.

You're right that pro bowls really don't mean anything anymore. But it's jsut funny if you ask NFL personnel people about Whitner, they rate him very well. Of course, they aren't bitter about a pick being used to select him that wasn't his fault at all.

Let's review here. You whine like a 12 year old girl (no offense to 12 yo girls) and add nothing of substance ever. Whitner is a millionaire, who loves being a Bill, is one of the better leaders on the time, and would be signed in about 5 minutes if we cut him. Yeah, you're right. Whitner is a real loser! :P

The hate on DW is so freaking laughable. He is a good safety who didn't pick himself #8. unfortunately he got hurt and Wilson has turned himself into a good player himself. There's a part of me that hopes we get rid of Whitner and he goes on to be a pro bowler on another to just show how stupid some people are. Of course the same morons whining about DW would be the same morons whining letting him go.

Question.....should you calm down? :devil:

Really, Whitner did NOT draft himself, but does this mean we are supposed to appreciate his dim witted comments, off field incidents, and decent play for a #8 selection?

C'mon Bro. :sick:

Does anyone know if tweeting something like that raises tampering problems?

If it was a team exec, I'm sure it could be a big problem. But tweeting is going to lead to a big time issue one day. If I was an athlete, I would never tweet. It's jsut going to get you in trouble.

You're right that pro bowls really don't mean anything anymore. But it's jsut funny if you ask NFL personnel people about Whitner, they rate him very well. Of course, they aren't bitter about a pick being used to select him that wasn't his fault at all.

Yeah right. The guy isn't even good enough to crack the BILLS starting lineup any longer, but he is a probowler on another team... :P

Yeah right. The guy isn't even good enough to crack the BILLS starting lineup any longer, but he is a probowler on another team... :P

Jim Leonhard is about half the player as DW is good enough to start in back to back championship games. If you put down the misplaced bitterness towards Whitner, he is a good safety. In a sick way, I'd love to see him on another team jsut to prove how stupid this hate is.

Jim Leonhard is about half the player as DW is good enough to start in back to back championship games. If you put down the misplaced bitterness towards Whitner, he is a good safety. In a sick way, I'd love to see him on another team jsut to prove how stupid this hate is.

What on earth would make you say this? Who makes more interceptions and hits?

It would be tough to trade him at his salary. If he made half of what he's getting paid, he might fetch a 3rd or 4th round pick but I cannot imagine a sane team picking up his contract as is.

The beauty of an uncapped year is that you can trade anybody, so long as both teams want to do the trade. With no cap the contract figure is meaningless.

The beauty of an uncapped year is that you can trade anybody, so long as both teams want to do the trade. With no cap the contract figure is meaningless.

Can you explain the ramifications of an uncapped year vs. a capped system? I really have no idea what it all means and would love a good clear definition. Thanks

Can you explain the ramifications of an uncapped year vs. a capped system? I really have no idea what it all means and would love a good clear definition. Thanks

I assume you are not being sarcastic.

Obviously, if next year goes as it looks like it is going, it will be uncapped. So, teams can spend whatever they want on their players and not be in any violation. This may mean players with what would have been "untouchable" contracts will be dumped or traded. There are rules for the uncapped year such as an increase in the length of service needed to become unrestricted and the numbers of tags increases. So the number of players entering free agency would be reduced. There are other changes as well, like limits on playoff teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Donte Whitner is a Buffalo Bill. Any member of the Bills is better than any other player in the league regardless of facts. You've been here long enough to know that.

For example:

JP > Manning (when JP was still with us)

Evans > Steve Smith and Fitzgerald

Eric Wood > Faneca

See how that works?

Dude...Seriously you're just making yourself look foolish now...Leonhard was a better Player than Whitner has ever been while he was in Buffalo in VERY limited time...He's just continued to improve unlike Donte...Believe me I've tried in every way possible to make excuses for Whitner over the years...But I'm done with it...If I see the guy take one more bad angle I swear I'll projectile vomit...

Whitner may not be the worst Safety in the league but he's not even in Leonhard's league any longer...Maybe he will get better under new Coaching, I can't wait to see it to be honest...He's one of the most overpaid Players in this league now...He was a terrible, terrible Draft Pick at #8 Overall...The Bills just need to part ways...I wish Dante all the luck in the world elsewhere...I really do... :doh:

You're right. JL is better than DW and is the reason for the 2 top 5 defenses he played on the last 2 years. You're a good poster Bill but you are completely irrational about DW. I will concede the pick could have been spent better but that's not Whitner's fault. He is a good player who was having his best season until he got injuried. And if honestly you believe that Leonhard is a better player than DW, then your hate for DW is overshadowing any football knowledge you have.