Favre's performance reminded me of Ferguson in 1981 playoff game

Were there any other Bills fans out there who thought a little bit about Joe Ferguson's 1981 playoff performance while watching Bret Farve against the Saints? Just like Favre, Ferguson showed bigtime determination and grit while playing with a badly sprained ankle in the divisional playoff game against the Chargers. Despite jumping out to a 14-3 lead, the Bills lost a 20-14 heartbreaker, but Ferguson's performance was memorable.

Were there any other Bills fans out there who thought a little bit about Joe Ferguson's 1981 playoff performance while watching Bret Farve against the Saints? Just like Favre, Ferguson showed bigtime determination and grit while playing with a badly sprained ankle in the divisional playoff game against the Chargers. Despite jumping out to a 14-3 lead, the Bills lost a 20-14 heartbreaker, but Ferguson's performance was memorable.

Yes, funny you say that because that thought came to me immediately when I saw him hobbling around.

Fergy, while hobbled, wasn't bounced around like a ping pong ball as Brett was. I did, however, harken back to a championship game, where the losing QB- in his last NFL performance- slumped to his knees at games end, beaten, broken and bloodied.

Y.A. Tittle

Fergy, while hobbled, wasn't bounced around like a ping pong ball as Brett was. I did, however, harken back to a championship game, where the losing QB- in his last NFL performance- slumped to his knees at games end, beaten, broken and bloodied.

Y.A. Tittle

Yep. Tittle never did win a championship... :P

Edit: Kinda strange, he was a Tittle without a title!

That game was when I was 10, Its a major reason why I am a Bills fan. When people ask me why Buffalo???, I try to tell the story of that game. I''ll never forget it...... Wish we would go back to those helmets

Rod Smith :f-u smiley: