The Bills Oline- will it be better in 2010

....lybob

The Wood injury was the worst thing that happened to the Bills this season by far. Robbed him of valuable experience and him of the opportunity to further gel with the rest of the young guys on the line.

But balanced with the best thing that happened, the firing of DJ, it was still not a completely wasted year...

I think Incognito is a RFA because of the lack of a CBA contract not sure- but if so It'd be up to the Bills if he stays or goes.

Correct, Incognito is ours if we want him (he has not had 6 years in the league, so is an RFA.)

I would like to see us go LT in the 1st Round and start a:

Rookie LT -- Levitre LG -- Wood C -- Incognito RG -- Butler/Bell/Meredith RT.

Levitre and Wood were beasts last year, and if we get a 1st rounder at LT our left side of the line is solid for years to come. Incognito is young, and played very well for someone just coming onto the team.

I think that whether we go with Fitz, Edwards, Brohm, or a rookie, at least they will have a chance to succeed behind that line.

Off Topic question, now that we have a coach who embraces the spread offense and did wonders with Tyler Thigpen, would anyone be open to picking up Graham Harrell from Saskatchewan?

Kid had a monster college career, and could have been a promising QB.

Correct, Incognito is ours if we want him (he has not had 6 years in the league, so is an RFA.)

Levitre and Wood were beasts last year, and if we get a 1st rounder at LT our left side of the line is solid for years to come. Incognito is young, and played very well for someone just coming onto the team.

I think that whether we go with Fitz, Edwards, Brohm, or a rookie, at least they will have a chance to succeed behind that line.

Off Topic question, now that we have a coach who embraces the spread offense and did wonders with Tyler Thigpen, would anyone be open to picking up Graham Harrell from Saskatchewan?

Kid had a monster college career, and could have been a promising QB.

If we pcked up a CFL guy would we have to compensate the CFL team like in euro soccer?

I agree with this line-up, though depending on who is available I would be willing to go QB round 1 and get a tackle in round 2. In any event, assuming a Rookie LT, I think the other 4 positions make up an average NFL line right now, with the talent to become an elite line in a couple of years (left to right, 1/2 rd ('10), 2 rd ('09), 1 rd ('09), 3 rd ('05), ?). We have some depth as well, as the original poster pointed out. Assuming we do draft a LT high, and we stay healthy, I don't think our o-line will be a problem next year -- it wont be a strength (yet) but it won't make the season DOA like it did last year.

Typical ass clown TBD replies. A good well thought out post gets drowned out with posts such as:

I digress. Buluga seems like a great pick at 9. It will be interesting if Clausen, McClain, and Buluga are all on the board. That will really tell which direction our team is headed. Bruce Campbell is intriguing. He is shooting up some draft boards, and I have seen him as high as a top 5 pick. The combine will determine how the tackles ultimately rank. At 9 we should get a great player. And there is much depth at oline this draft- even to the second round

If you don't want something commented on, don't make the comment to begin with..... but I digress.... Campbell is the pick.

Can it be worse? I guess it can, we said that after the 2008 season, and low and behold it was worse in 2009. At least when you have the worst O-Line in the NFL there is only one way to go-UP!

Sad but true. The injuries hit early and hard, so we didn't even have the opportunity to -you know- jell..

One concept to keep in mind -and I'd appreciate reading some insight from our draftniks- is the possibility of a lefthanded QB. Any info on RT's entering the draft who had a southpaw triggerman?

Just sayin'..