Mary Had A Little Lamb

I believe the real issue is that the President of the United States of America still has to make PR visits to elementary schools. If that isn't the biggest waste of time ever...

Inspiring children is a "waste of time" on what planet?

This one. Inspiration comes from within. If a kid doesn't have it...country still needs ditch-diggers.

That and the fact that the seven year old is considerably less pumped to see the president than his teacher. He just wants to have snack time, not listen to a boring old man.

That and the fact that the seven year old is considerably less pumped to see the president than his teacher. He just wants to have snack time, not listen to a boring old man.

If the kids aren't excited to see the President of the United States, they haven't been brought up right. Which is an epidemic in this country. Too much vacation, too little school and it is too easy to pass

If the kids aren't excited to see the President of the United States, they haven't been brought up right. Which is an epidemic in this country. Too much vacation, too little school and it is too easy to pass

It's hardly an epidemic that little elementary school aged children are not going to be "excited" to see an old guy guest lecture their class when they might have otherwise been coloring or learning about dinosaurs.

I don't know what too much vacation has to do with a child's attention span, and the fact that I would rather our Presidents not worry about silly PR spots several times throughout the year. I want to research when it became customary for Presidents to visit elementary schools like twice a month.

It's hardly an epidemic that little elementary school aged children are not going to be "excited" to see an old guy guest lecture their class when they might have otherwise been coloring or learning about dinosaurs.

I don't know what too much vacation has to do with a child's attention span, and the fact that I would rather our Presidents not worry about silly PR spots several times throughout the year. I want to research when it became customary for Presidents to visit elementary schools like twice a month.

Or Disney World...

Disney World or the Prez... Hmmm, hard choice. You know how many parents pull their children out for a week during school to go on vacation. Growing up, I can't think of one family that would do that. Now it is the norm it seems. In fact, I think there are a couple children in my daughter's second grade class out this week for that reason... :worthy::blush: I know sometimes of the year are more busy... But still, that is what holiday break is for.

Just saying. I think that is what they meant by too much vacation.