Satan Manning

XTC

Sour grapes. Peyton is by far the best QB in the game right now. Outside of the numbers he puts up, the guy shows up to play, works his a$$ off, doesn't complain, and takes losses with a load of class. The only time you hear about him off the field is in his Mastercard commercials.

The man is a consummate professional and a Hall of Famer.

not only do Pats fans hate Manning, they feel threatened by him winning another SB ring

Remember, "Manning has the stats but Brady has the rings, therefore Brady is the greatest of all time.... Manning can't win the big one"

If Manning gets #2 the rings part of the equation is basically moot... NE fans are praying to Bruschi that it doesn't happen

Sour grapes. Peyton is by far the best QB in the game right now. Outside of the numbers he puts up, the guy shows up to play, works his a$$ off, doesn't complain, and takes losses with a load of class. The only time you hear about him off the field is in his Mastercard commercials.

Yes the way he reads defenses and changes to the right call at the line almost evey time is unparelled at this moment and for the last several years.

He is just a great great player.

You would think that other QBs would try to emulate some of the things that Manning does (i.e. getting tot he LOS early, increasing the tempo, slowing the tempo. moving laterally in the pocket to create time).

Living here in Indy we sure do get a heavy dose of Manning. He is the main reason (besides Polian) that the Colts are where they are. He is just an amazing player. Arguably the best QB of all-time.

Amen

You would think that other QBs would try to emulate some of the things that Manning does (i.e. getting tot he LOS early, increasing the tempo, slowing the tempo. moving laterally in the pocket to create time).

Living here in Indy we sure do get a heavy dose of Manning. He is the main reason (besides Polian) that the Colts are where they are. He is just an amazing player. Arguably the best QB of all-time.

If they win this SB, you can definitely make the argument that he's the best of all time. Indy has a solid team, but sometimes this season I think they won games by the sheer force of Manning's will. The guy prepares harder for a game than anyone else in the league, and he makes the players around him prepare harder by example. To me they're the premiere example of what a team should be all about. I don't think his WR's would even be starting for some other teams.

I can't see them losing the SB so long as they keep him upright. The Saints gave up a lot of points last night to a QB who is great but takes way too many chances. Manning's not going to do that.

+1

He is my all time favorite football player because of the way he prepares himself and the class he displays. It truly is amazing how he has worked with and crafted his young receiver corps to be on the same page as him. I watched his post game interview last night where he opined about needed a weeks rest between this game and the SB because he was mentally spent. It is amazing to me how he can read defenses and put his offense in the right position to make plays. The Jets defense is pretty good...

He is also a commercial man for Directv

Patriots fans call him that? I live in New England and never heard that. Sure they hate him. But only because he kicks their sorry chowder-eating butts.

They hated him out here even when New England was beating them every season. I never really understood being jealous of a QB who has won LESS than Brady, but I always assumed that character-wise, Manning is everything that they wish Tom Brady was.

not only do Pats fans hate Manning, they feel threatened by him winning another SB ring

Remember, "Manning has the stats but Brady has the rings, therefore Brady is the greatest of all time.... Manning can't win the big one"

If Manning gets #2 the rings part of the equation is basically moot... NE fans are praying to Bruschi that it doesn't happen

Spot on.

They hated him out here even when New England was beating them every season. I never really understood being jealous of a QB who has won LESS than Brady, but I always assumed that character-wise, Manning is everything that they wish Tom Brady was.

Bingo.

Peyton is classy, humble and one of the most cerebral QBs the game has ever seen. Brady is a whiner of questionable character and had most of his success when Belichek coddled him with conservative play-calling. This year, when the team needed him, Brady was sub par at best. On the other end, you had Peyton almost winning games entirely by himself using a receiving corps of rookies and second-year guys.

Peyton is the best QB in the league hands down. And it eats at the core of those chowderheads.