Alright. Here is a good question.

daquixers

Excatly?  Have the uber felines taken over your username?

130101[/snapback]

Actually, when I was typing that all three of them were attacking me because I'm sitting in their favorite chair. I think I typed fairly well, considering... :)

One of them keeps playing with the TV remote and changing the channel when the Pats' offense is on the field, too. I told you these little buggers were smart...

I really think MM and TD's plan coming into preseason was to have Drew be the starter for 2004 AND 2005, giving JP 2 years to prep. This, of course, was predicated upon the beilef that this Bills team would be a playoff contender this season.

Frankly, I don't much care who is under center come Sunday as long as they win. If it's Drew, fine. If it's JP, just as good. I think MM wants to take this one game at a time at this point. The playoffs are pretty much out of the picture (even though he won't admit it...nor would I expect him to) so Drew is on the perverbial "short leash". However, that short leash will get longer with each win Drew racks up down the stretch.

So, if Drew somehow puts his road woes behind him and the Bills do manage to finish anywhere between 8-8 and 10-6 I have a feeling Drew will indeed be the opening day starter next September.

But as soon as the Bills hit 8 loses (which I hope is never) I expect JP to get a lot of PT. This opens up the following scenario: If JP struggles then it will become a training camp battle between he and Drew in 05. If he excells, then JP wins the job right then and there.

Just my two cents.

He sucked ass in NE ... really? Oddly enough he has about 30,000 of his yards in NE.

129964[/snapback]

I don't give a stevestojan if he threw for 5 billion yards, what was his record? And Why could brady step in and take the team to the Superbowl when under drew they sucked?

Not sure :lol::lol: ... He did he win "Man of the Year"... :););)

:lol:

Buffalo Bills quarterback Drew Bledsoe has been named the Buffalo Bills 2004 Walter Payton Man of the Year.

This prestigious award began in 1970 and honors players who demonstrate outstanding balance in their lives between civic and professional responsibilities. In 1999, the NFL renamed the award after the late Walter Payton as a tribute to his greatness both on and off the field.

In 1996, Bledsoe began Parenting with Dignity, a parent education organization that provides information on all aspects of raising children capable of making responsible decisions. Its mission is to improve the lives of children by promoting and teaching effective parenting skills. Bledsoe makes regular appearances on behalf of the program and its mission. Parenting with Dignity has reached an estimated 1.75 million families across the country since its inception. Currently the program exists in 37 different schools and communities in Western New York. Annually, Bledsoe and his parents Mac and Barbara host a Parenting With Dignity session during Buffalo Bills Training Camp at St. John Fisher College in Rochester.

Bledsoe is also an active participant in Buffalo Bills community relations programs and events. He served as a spokesman for the Rush for Reading Challenge in 2002 and 2003 and read to children as part of the Buffalo Public School district-wide program. He is a fixture at the Taste of the Season Kickoff Dinner to benefit the Food Bank of Western New York, the Carly's Club Halloween Party for kids with cancer and has participated in granting wishes through the Make-a-Wish Foundation.

As the Bills Walter Payton Man of the Year, Bledsoe will receive $1,000 for the charity his choice from NFL Charities and is eligible for the league-wide NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year honor. The NFL Man of the Year will be selected by a blue ribbon panel and recognized at a press conference during Super Bowl week in Jacksonville. The national winner will receive a $25,000 donation to the 501c3 organization of his choice.

Former Bills honored with this award include Brian Moorman, Jim Kelly, Jerry Butler, Ted Washington and Ruben Brown.

An interesting thing to ponder this one. I am firmly of the opinion that we need to keep Drew around next season - I think he can be instumental in helping JP Losman develop as an NFL QB and I think he is by far good enough to be a superb backup in what amounts to the final year(s) of his career.

Drew has flashed of good (not great) play mixed in with some very average to poor play. It's not enough even if we win every remaining game to say that starting Drew helps us more than starting JP does. JP needs to get into the starting lineup and take 1st team reps throughout the offseason - no matter how Drew plays the remainder of this year.

I do think it is a mistake to kiss Drew goodbye though. If Losman has happy feet or struggles early next season (high chance he gets injured based on his style of play) we need a veteran like Drew there to pick up the team and keep momentum while JP gets over yips or injury.