Revis, Mangold and Harris

Dawgg

the jests aren't that good. they had a lot of luck this year. please don't worship them.

The Jests are good and have potential to be really good next year. Sanchez and Rex Ryan were both learning on the job and should be better with a full season under their belt. Kris Jenkins and Leon Washington barely played this year and both are very very good players. The team was only in it's first year with it's offensive and defensive systems and growth usually occurs after a year within a new system.

..... don't like the Jests but no need to ignore what's going on.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the same as his proof that David Harris would be good in Fewell's defense. Harris' name was the largest bandied about last offseason as trade bait until Ryan came in and changed them to the aggressive 34 defense they now play. Good coaches put good players in the best position to succeed. Harris great next to Bart Scott in the Jets defense. He'd be an extreme liability in Buffalo, especially on passing downs where the Tampa-2 MLB is responsible for the middle third.

I'd be all about getting Revis, Mangold, and Harris in the draft as long as we get a coach who will put them in a position to utilize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

Actually, the Jets denied proposals asking for Harris to be a part of trades. Broncos wanted Harris in a package deal that would have given the Jets Brandon Marshall, but the Jets denied the request. It's not like the Jets were shopping him, other teams wanted him but were refused. http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/l...ris_consid.html There is NO WAY with his speed and quickness, that he'd be an extreme liability. Have you even watched Harris play? He's much more athletic than our very own Poz..

I'm not defending Marv, but did any of us know how good revis would be? I don't even think the Jets knew he'd be this good. Sometimes you stumble onto greatness.

Exactly, the draft for the most part is a crap shoot. Going by the theme of this post, every GM in the NFL should have been fired in 2000, since they all passed over Tom Brady what 5 times each? Pat Williams wasn't even drafted. Favre got passed over by every team. The list goes on and on, but because someone is watching a game where someone is good, we screwed up by not taking them. Our draft hasn't been good over the past decade, but this post is idiotic.

I'm sure they could have found a place for him on obvious running downs but your contention that he's "decent" in coverage is ludicrous and a vain attempt by you to cover a fallacious argument.

... and your contention that Harris would be a "disaster" and a "liability" in Buffalo is a ludicrous and vain attempt to make excuses for yet another a poor selection by the front office. Harris is a far better player than Poz, and it's not even close.

The "flaw" starts with a scheme that has been exposed and a "strategy" that keeps the best players on the roster off the field in favor of those who have larger contracts. This team has done a ton of dumb things, that much is certain.

I do agree that Wilson, Scott and Byrd are better safeties than Whitner. Also agree that Fred Jackson is a better RB right now than Lynch. Who are the other "gems" you speak of rotting away on Buffalo's bench?

The Jests are good and have potential to be really good next year. Sanchez and Rex Ryan were both learning on the job and should be better with a full season under their belt. Kris Jenkins and Leon Washington barely played this year and both are very very good players. The team was only in it's first year with it's offensive and defensive systems and growth usually occurs after a year within a new system.

..... don't like the Jests but no need to ignore what's going on.

I too think alot of people are giving the Jets a little too much credit. They shouldn't have even been in the playoffs if their schedule didn't line them up with two teams that had nothing to gain or lose when they played them. I see the Jets as this years version of last years Falcons, except Matt Ryan had a much better year his rookie year than Sanchez did this year. The Jets weren't that good, they went far on luck and momentum, more so on the luck side of it though.

If I could go back in time I'd pick the best team ever, and then bet on the outcome of the Super Bowl and other sports and be really, really rich and stop Michael Jackson from taking those pills (Ok, maybe not that one), oh, wait, I'd stop 9-11 and . .

Boy, this is fun. What else did the bills screw up because they couldn't time travel?

Actually, the Jets denied proposals asking for Harris to be a part of trades. Broncos wanted Harris in a package deal that would have given the Jets Brandon Marshall, but the Jets denied the request. It's not like the Jets were shopping him, other teams wanted him but were refused. http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/l...ris_consid.html There is NO WAY with his speed and quickness, that he'd be an extreme liability. Have you even watched Harris play? He's much more athletic than our very own Poz..

Exactly. The only trade rumors I heard were when the Broncos were demanding Harris in any package that included Marshall.

It's fairly typical Bills homerism to declare that a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker would be a "disaster" and "liability" on this team.

Boy, this is fun. What else did the bills screw up because they couldn't time travel?

It may require 20/20 hindsight for YOU, but most people knew, after the Bills' 2006 draft (featuring Whitner and McCargo) that the Bills' front office was a joke.

Ralph's anus notwithstanding, Marv had final say on draft day, end of story. He's the one who decided not to trade down from #8. He's the one who OK'ed the trade up to draft Poz.

Yes, he's not solely responsible, no single person is solely responsible for anything in a major, multi-million dollar organization. But he had the final say and it happened under his watch. It falls on him. In any case, I'm not too worried when you disagree with me given how often you are flat out wrong. :ph34r:

Were you in the War Room on draft day? I didn't think so, your a dumbass, face reality. Marv was someone with no GM experience, but a very popular person in WNY, and that is why Ralph brought him in. Face the facts, your a moron and don't like to be pointed out when your so far off, your post sounds stupid.

It may require 20/20 hindsight for YOU, but most people knew, after the Bills' 2006 draft (featuring Whitner and McCargo) that the Bills front office was a joke.

i swore off the bills after that draft, cursed them but for some reason i still came back.

Were you in the War Room on draft day? I didn't think so, your a dumbass, face reality. Marv was someone with no GM experience, but a very popular person in WNY, and that is why Ralph brought him in. Face the facts, your a moron and don't like to be pointed out when your so far off, your post sounds stupid.

Were you in the draft room? Didn't think so.

You're the same guy that stated Vince Young isn't an NFL caliber QB.

(and btw, "you are" = "you're") -- they might teach you that that next year in Language Arts class :ph34r:

I'm not defending Marv, but did any of us know how good revis would be? I don't even think the Jets knew he'd be this good. Sometimes you stumble onto greatness.

Given that the Jets traded up from 25, swapping 1sts and surrendering a 2nd and a 5th rounder to take him, yes, they DID know he'd be a top-notch corner.

Were you in the draft room? Didn't think so.

You're the same guy that stated Vince Young isn't an NFL caliber QB.

(and btw, "you are" = "you're") -- they might teach you that that next year in Language Arts class :ph34r:

When did I say that? Are you stalking me? You cant be your at OBD preparing for the draft, since you have all the inside knowledge.

I wanted Harris pretty bad during that draft.

Mel Kiper had us taking him that year too. But the Bills, of course knew better. After all, Harris would have been an absolute disaster on this defense.[/sarcasm]

sorry...but it has come out that Marv had little to do other than PR and being a figurehead. Modrak and Guy made the suggestions on whom to pick up. When Donahoe was here, he made the final call....Jauron made the final call after he became head coach

sorry...but it has come out that Marv had little to do other than PR and being a figurehead. Modrak and Guy made the suggestions on whom to pick up. When Donahoe was here, he made the final call....Jauron made the final call after he became head coach

Exactly, but the asshat that started this post feels he knows everything, and won't listen to the truth.

Reality check... Poz is not a very, very good player. He is a very, very, mediocre player. He played better in the latter part of the season but he was only mediocre at best and he is not very tough. Harris is a much better player. He reads the play better and he is a much harder hitter and he can shed blocks better.

Poz may be better than Harris at checkers, soccer and parcheesi but Harris is a better football player.

This strikes me as myopic. Believe me, there's no one more critical of the Bills than I, but even I can see that after Poz came back from his injury, he was a much better than mediocre player. He had 3 INTs, 9 passes defensed, and finished 23rd in tackles despite missing four games. Don't confuse his play with that of his weak linebacking compatriots and non-tacklers like Byrd, who were the primary reason for the problems containing the run.

Ya...Not really anyone's job around here to know...On the other hand it WAS Marv's job so...

And I'm quite sure the Jets thought Revis was going to be a very good NFL CB or they would have never taken him where they did...

You know? :censored:

If anyone shoulda known Marv Shoulda known. I agree.

But I really don't think even the Jets thought that Revis was going to turn into the next absolutely dominant shutdown cornerback. They thought he'd be a solid starter, perhaps like Leon Hall. But this dominant? I don't think anyone really knew he was capable of this level of greatness.