Ask The Coach

duey

Check out this exchange from todays Ask The Coach...

Doug (Colorado): First off, I am a Rams fan and my question is this. Are these players being "coached" that cut blocking below the waist is standard practice? I think it should be outlawed!! Not only do they need to be fined by the NFL, but also need some type of disciplinary action taken by the coaching staff.

MM: That's part of the game. It happens on every single play of the game. There's always a chance that somebody can be cut. You can't cut from behind, but from the front, it's perfectly legal. It happens all the time. Most tackles are cut tackles. Most defensive backs cut running backs when they make tackles. Tight ends are never tackled high by defensive backs, so cutting happens a lot in games.

GOOD FREAKING ANSWER MIKE!!! Spoken like a true tight end. :)

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2959

Check out this exchange from todays Ask The Coach...

Doug (Colorado): First off, I am a Rams fan and my question is this. Are these players being "coached" that cut blocking below the waist is standard practice? I think it should be outlawed!! Not only do they need to be fined by the NFL, but also need some type of disciplinary action taken by the coaching staff.

MM: That's part of the game. It happens on every single play of the game. There's always a chance that somebody can be cut. You can't cut from behind, but from the front, it's perfectly legal. It happens all the time. Most tackles are cut tackles. Most defensive backs cut running backs when they make tackles. Tight ends are never tackled high by defensive backs, so cutting happens a lot in games.

GOOD FREAKING ANSWER MIKE!!!  Spoken like a true tight end.  :lol:

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2959

129813[/snapback]

HAHA!!

....as Doug from Colorado stomps his foot and slams the door behind him.