Opinions on Tyke Tolbert...

unreal - you keep surpassing one terrible post with another.

jauron had many faults - and im glad he is gone - but a good coach and teacher would have done much better with the young talent we have had at wr.

tolbert may be smart, and he is young - but he did not do a real good coaching job for us and carolina is not lucky to have him.

and btw your religious bullshxx is just ignorantly pathetic - grow up

Why do YOU suppose we hired this guy, who as far as I can tell has NO qualifications except that him and Chan are friends? And why do you suppose they are friends?

I think you can take it to the bank that this clown we hired is not Jewish....

Why do YOU suppose we hired this guy, who as far as I can tell has NO qualifications except that him and Chan are friends? And why do you suppose they are friends?

What are you talking about?

hmmm - let's think about this - maybe it is because THEY HAVE WORKED TOGETHER BEFORE and he knows him on a professional basis - do some research - PLEASE!

and again - you make another religious comment - just pathetic - really, really pathetic

Damn sounds like Fox and Hurney made a bad hire so far. Well, it also has been speculated that it took Richardson (owner) to step in to make the firing of our ST coach Crossman happen (he should've been fired years ago after years of being at the bottom of the league in special teams). Then Fox didn't contact Bobby April till AFTER a couple days he commited to the Eagles. Doesn't surprise me Fox would hire a yes man as our new WR coach. And it wouldnt surprise me if he does the same when hiring a new ST coach. We haven't had a decent receiver under Fox since Smith. Hopefully with a new WR coach in Tolbert that can change, but that doesn't look too likely.

Well, Fox's career record is 71-57 (.554) and 5-3 in the playoffs, so he must know something...

We haven't had back to back winning seasons ever since Fox arrived. He is too conservative. He sticks to a game plan that doesn't work. He doesn't make half time adjustments. He has poor clock management. And once he has his sights set on a player, he will be loyal to him till the end. No matter if another player is out performing him.

Damn sounds like Fox and Hurney made a bad hire so far. Well, it also has been speculated that it took Richardson (owner) to step in to make the firing of our ST coach Crossman happen (he should've been fired years ago after years of being at the bottom of the league in special teams). Then Fox didn't contact Bobby April till AFTER a couple days he commtied to the Eagles. Doesn't surprise me Fox would hire a yes man as our new WR coach. And it wouldnt surprise me if he does the same when hiring a new ST coach. We haven't had a decent receiver under Fox since Smith. Hopefully with a new WR coach in Tolbert that can change, but that doesn't look too likely.

It's hard to say, really. The best I can say for Tolbert is that maybe he was just a victim of circumstance here. The offenses in general never got going - Losman had no pocket sense, and Edwards never developed beyond throwing checkdowns, so it's not like the receivers were put in a position to shine. But on the other hand, there's nothing to make you think that they weren't part of the problem as well.

One good thing though this past season is that we hired pretty good defensive coaches after the previous ones basically all left. Our defense took time to gel, but once they did they were awesome. This is what gives me some hope with Tolbert.

Of all out coaches I liked Tolbert and Studeville the best and I am not surprised they had a soft landing.

Again, good hire, despite what these other posters think. Tolbert had trouble making progress herre because of Dick Mauron.