Opinions on Tyke Tolbert...

As I mentioned elsewhere. Steve Smith will stay healthy. His receivers like to play on the outside, very soft and pretty much run deep routes even if the line can't protect the QB, and the Qb can't get the ball there. But hey they'll stay healthy.

Yeah, there were high hopes when he was signed from AZ because he targeted and "developed" Boldin (I put it in quotations because Boldin was good from the start, so there wasn't much "development" going on). He's pretty much done nothing with the WR's while he's been here.

Tyke is a good young coach and a smart guy.

Victim of Dick Jaurons idiocy here, makes it tough to perform really, so I am glad he is getting another NFL shot right away.

You are lucky to have him.

I would prefer him to the guy we just signed as our OC, actually, here in the football wasteland, some college position coach, yes, is now our OC. I guess Tyke wasnt religious enough for Hick Gailey maybe, he can't lead the prayer circle.

Anyway, back to your question, Tyke is a very smart young coach and you are lucky to have him.

Victim of Dick Jaurons idiocy here, makes it tough to perform really, so I am glad he is getting another NFL shot right away.

I would prefer him to the guy we just signed as our OC, actually, here in the football wasteland, some college position coach, yes, is now our OC. I guess Tyke wasnt religious enough for Hick Gailey maybe, he can't lead the prayer circle.

Anyway, back to your question, Tyke is a very smart young coach and you are lucky to have him.

Based on...what? His development of guys like Hardy and Johnson? :beer:

Based on...what? His development of guys like Hardy and Johnson? :beer:

Again, he had to play the hand he was dealt. Jauron also kept Fred Jackson, leading guy in the league in all purpose yards this year, behind Anthony Thomas. And George Wilson behing Lil' Donte. And JAURON drafted Hardy; you can't make cream out of sour milk.

Tolbert was good.

Again, he had to play the hand he was dealt. Jauron also kept Fred Jackson, leading guy in the league in all purpose yards this year, behind Anthony Thomas. And George Wilson behing Lil' Donte. And JAURON drafted Hardy; you can't make cream out of sour milk.

Tolbert was good.

Sorry but one guy, who was a star right off the bat (Boldin), doesn't a "good" WR coach make.

unreal - you keep surpassing one terrible post with another.

jauron had many faults - and im glad he is gone - but a good coach and teacher would have done much better with the young talent we have had at wr.

tolbert may be smart, and he is young - but he did not do a real good coaching job for us and carolina is not lucky to have him.

and btw your religious bullshxx is just ignorantly pathetic - grow up

I haven't seen any of our WR's run consistant routes worth a damn since Andre Reed and company left. Tolbert imho did NOTHING for our WR's.

Bad Hire by Carolina but then again, Hurney and Fox are still there and they were dumb enough to keep Delhomme around so what do you expect?

He seemed to have good rapport with the players and they liked him but, like many others who've posted here, I didn't see much development from any of the young receivers. I think that he will do well with the Carolina vets, but I wouldn't expect any new guys to emerge.

I haven't seen any of our WR's run consistant routes worth a damn since Andre Reed and company left. Tolbert imho did NOTHING for our WR's.

Bad Hire by Carolina but then again, Hurney and Fox are still there and they were dumb enough to keep Delhomme around so what do you expect?

Well, Fox's career record is 71-57 (.554) and 5-3 in the playoffs, so he must know something...

"lucky to have him" now thats a stretch, from a religious guy.

unreal - you keep surpassing one terrible post with another.

jauron had many faults - and im glad he is gone - but a good coach and teacher would have done much better with the young talent we have had at wr.

tolbert may be smart, and he is young - but he did not do a real good coaching job for us and carolina is not lucky to have him.

and btw your religious bullshxx is just ignorantly pathetic - grow up

You said it perfectly.

Well, Fox's career record is 71-57 (.554) and 5-3 in the playoffs, so he must know something...

True, and I wouldn't blame Fox for sticking with Delhomme. The Panthers' success under Fox has been with Delhomme at QB, and in 2008, the Panthers went 13-3, only to see Delhomme have the mother of all bad playoff games. Then the FO gave Delhomme a huge extension and Fox was forced to stick with him even after it was proven he'd lost it.