Raiders keeping Tom Cable as Head Coach

papazoid

I actually think keeping Cable is a good move. He's not a hall of famer,but I don't think he totally sucks either. He has the players respect and with even average QB play,they're at least .500 last year,imo. The Raiders were a decent team when Gradkowski was at QB. Russell's got to go,he's a coach killer. The sooner Al Davis realizes that,the better for the team.

I actually think keeping Cable is a good move. He's not a hall of famer,but I don't think he totally sucks either. He has the players respect and with even average QB play,they're at least .500 last year,imo. The Raiders were a decent team when Gradkowski was at QB. Russell's got to go,he's a coach killer. The sooner Al Davis realizes that,the better for the team.

Cable actually has the Raiders playing better than they have in some time... he is handcuffed by Russell... despite all the bad press he has gotten, I think keeping him was a wise move for Al Davis.

good move by the raiders, avoid the embarrassing lies that people would inevitably make up about who didn't want to interview for the job by keeping the cable guy for one more year.

Al davis is a football genius

The saddest thing about all of this is that Al Davis WAS a football genius. These last few years are tarnishing his legacy and making a generation of fans think of him as some hack owner.

Cable has actually done a good job as Raiders coach. As Tigre and Buftex point out, if Davis hadn't insisted on drafting JaMarcus Russell and inserting him into the starting lineup, the Raiders would be an above .500 team.

The Raiders beat the Eagles, Bengals, Broncos and Steelers this year and played some close games against good competition.

Cable is an excellent offensive line coach and I was hoping that he would get fired so the Bills could hire him to run the offensive line.