Mass. Health Model, Not Obama's, Pleases Voters

You can teach us redneck southerners a thing or two about tolerance for people different than yourself and not judging people from a preconceived bias :ph34r:

All Hail The Nozzlenut :ph34r:

Funny thing is that I saw a heck of a lot less biggotry when I lived in Western Mississippi than I did when I lived in Western NY

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick friggin Durbin was on face the nation this AM. Guy is in total denial that most Americans don't want their version of health care reform. Guy's an idiot. A Parrot. I can't believe we keep electing him here in Illinois, but of course we elect a number of worthless politician's in this state. I'm calling his office tomorrow to raise hell with whoever answers the phone.

What I am saying is that I would believe you guys on the right if it was any other state without universal health coverage. I still will believe the right IFF MA repeals their coverage. That to me points to a broken system. No way in hell do the same voters that voted in Brown, vote against their own universal coverage in their state. The denial is the other way around. The reason the most bluest state in the union voted for Brown was because of self-serving interests, nothing else. Everything else is wild spin. If MA didn't have universal coverage, Coakley would have won by a land slide.

This whole debate really opened my eyes. Before the special election I was believing that the system in MA was broke and too costly. Then Brown wins and in his own words says that the MA model is not broken, or too costly and that the rest of the nation should follows MA's model.

Again, what the heck gives??

It is all about the self-serving interest, not about doing the right thing even if that right thing tends to strain one's own pocketbook. Summed up in one word: Greed.

Those on Medicare were some of the most vehement opponets of Obama's plan.

Of course. It is like I have been saying:

"I got mine."

I should be against it too. It is like one co-worker told me. We should be against it because we all have nice health insurance.

Still, not the right way to act.

Everybody makes mistakes, they are allowed to change their ways after seeing the errors of them. The real disease are the people who don't have this epiphany. So, Sen. Byrd is not the disease.

Certainly not. However, if he belonged to a different party he would have been drummed out of the Senate decades ago, regardless of his epiphany or even multiple epiphanies.

Certainly not. However, if he belonged to a different party he would have been drummed out of the Senate decades ago, regardless of his epiphany or even multiple epiphanies.

No. The ideology changes. The party name stays the same. Lincoln was a repub as were most African Americans (until they started leaving the GOP en masse after 1927)... Things started changing in the late 1920's through the 1960's. A classic southern dem is now your republican. He stayed with the dems along during their ideology change. He could have jumped to the republicans and kept his prior views.

And rightly so... If he is in a party that acts on it, he should be drummed out. You can't have an epiphany or change of heart and stay with a group that doesn't.

I am sick of this poor GOP BS... They should start changing their ways like Byrd (and Wallace) did. As long as they continue to act on poor views and pander to the racist element... They will get scrutinized more and won't be given the benefit of doubt. It is all who one associates when it comes to this stuff.

No. The ideology changes. The party name stays the same. Lincoln was a repub as were most African Americans (until they started leaving the GOP en masse after 1927)... Things started changing in the late 1920's through the 1960's. A classic southern dem is now your republican. He stayed with the dems along during their ideology change. He could have jumped to the republicans and kept his prior views.

And rightly so... If he is in a party that acts on it, he should be drummed out. You can't have an epiphany or change of heart and stay with a group that doesn't.

I am sick of this poor GOP BS... They should start changing their ways like Byrd (and Wallace) did. As long as they continue to act on poor views and pander to the racist element... They will get scrutinized more and won't be given the benefit of doubt. It is all who one associates when it comes to this stuff.

How are GOP views racist?

What I am saying is that I would believe you guys on the right if it was any other state without universal health coverage. I still will believe the right IFF MA repeals their coverage.

Entitlements never get repealed. Instead they get "tweaked," which is to say that the providers/beneficiaries get less money/service. So don't hold your breath waiting on Mass to repeal it.

Entitlements never get repealed. Instead they get "tweaked," which is to say that the providers/beneficiaries get less money/service. So don't hold your breath waiting on Mass to repeal it.

Though a good number of the taxpayers in the People's Republic would sure like a mulligan on their "plan."

So the state won't go bankrupt right? So then why are people making that argument about national HC.

Anyway, having a service is better than no service at all. This all really boils down to people not wanting others to have something.

So the state won't go bankrupt right? So then why are people making that argument about national HC.

Anyway, having a service is better than no service at all. This all really boils down to people not wanting others to have something.

Bingo.

What a pathetic, self-righteous fantasy.

Besides, I thought it boiled down to you not understanding the role of a Senator.

Speak for yourself. Personally, my opposition to government health care is entirely because I want everyone to sicken and die.

This all really boils down to people not wanting others to have something.

This all really boils down to the left completely and utterly blowing the perfect storm to get universal health care put into play. They were far too full of themselves to think they needed to do anything beyond shove a bubblehead to run for Kennendy's seat, sit back and wait for the 60th vote to get sworn in. Any sales person worth their salt knows you never stop working to get the order until the PO hits your desk.

But no. It was a cakewalk. Trust me...we have the order. Time to take a vacation. And in the process, the people of Massachusetts decided they didn't like what the government was pushing.

Turning that simple truth into "people just don't want others to have something" only exemplifies the reason your party has held full control of the government for over a year and yet the SOTU address will be about some new "stop spending" ideas the president plans to float to make it look like he's working for the people.

This all really boils down to the left completely and utterly blowing the perfect storm to get universal health care put into play. They were far too full of themselves to think they needed to do anything beyond shove a bubblehead to run for Kennendy's seat, sit back and wait for the 60th vote to get sworn in. Any sales person worth their salt knows you never stop working to get the order until the PO hits your desk.

But no. It was a cakewalk. Trust me...we have the order. Time to take a vacation. And in the process, the people of Massachusetts decided they didn't like what the government was pushing.

Turning that simple truth into "people just don't want others to have something" only exemplifies the reason your party has held full control of the government for over a year and yet the SOTU address will be about some new "stop spending" ideas the president plans to float to make it look like he's working for the people.

Why bother?