Mass. Health Model, Not Obama's, Pleases Voters

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to spin the story. Yes, the Mass health plan is similar to what Congress is thinking about. But the M!@#$s are figuring out now that the plan is costing way too much for what it is providing (very few additional covered residents due to the plan). Take their own exploding costs, and add the extra disproportionate burden that the state would have to pay to cover the Fed plan, and it's easy to see why there was a revolt.

Amazing that even people in bluer than blue state have had enough. Also amazing that the likes of you think it's ok to continue raping other people as long as it doesn't come out of your pocket.

So is Brown gonna push to repeal MA's plan? He seems to think MA is working fine and other states should model themselves after MA.

What say ye? Are they gonna repeal?

I said before... I would gladly kick in my share... What should that be? 10-20 grand? Put up or shut up.

Me the rapist. :beer: Sorry moneyman... Try again.

I have a friend up there who hates it and considers himself conservativs, while I have also heard democrats absolutely rip the system up there. Now I have only heard a few people's opinion, so it definitely is not a viable sample to base the state's opinion on.

So they are gonna repeal their HC system before the state goes bankrupt... Everybody hates it, so they won't keep it.

I wait for the collapse of MA. Something tells me that isn't going a happen... But spin on. (not you Adam)

Sorry.

The summary is right here:

"I had read that Brown commented taht with 98% of people in MA having healthcare there was no need to pass a federal bill so other Americans could have healthcare. Screw the rest of the country..."

Oh. So you are in hysterics over some 3d hand comment you read. Got it.

I guess it hasn't occurred to you and nozzlenut and the rest of the reacationary nuts that Scott Brown was actually elected to serve the interests of the voters in MASSACHUSETTS, not the voters of the rest of the US, so even if your quote is accurate, SO WHAT?

But thanks for the letting me know that I don't have 'healthcare' since I don't live in MA. So Scott Brown put all my doctors out of business and closed down my local hospital, huh? Thanks for the heads up, there wasn't anything in the papers about it.

:wallbash:

I had read that Brown commented taht with 98% of people in MA having healthcare there was no need to pass a federal bill so other Americans could have healthcare. Screw the rest of the country.

I also heard him state that his mother availed herself of the welfare system when times were tough. I would love to see his voting record on THAT too since "he got his".

Nothing to see here, just another hypocritical politician.

The health care reforms put together by both the Senate and House are not popular simply because they are expensive, poorly designed and deceitful solutions to the issue. That should be obvious to anyone that has paid attention to their content and the process by which they have been assembled.

The health care reforms put together by both the Senate and House are not popular simply because they are expensive, poorly designed and deceitful solutions to the issue. That should be obvious to anyone that has paid attention to their content and the process by which they have been assembled.

No, no, you must have not of received the W.H memo, it's a communication not a policy issue.

No, no, you must have not of received the W.H memo, it's a communication not a policy issue.

Dick friggin Durbin was on face the nation this AM. Guy is in total denial that most Americans don't want their version of health care reform. Guy's an idiot. A Parrot. I can't believe we keep electing him here in Illinois, but of course we elect a number of worthless politician's in this state. I'm calling his office tomorrow to raise hell with whoever answers the phone.

Exactly!

In fact, what Mr Obama and his congressional allies lost the “sense of” was not so much the need to speak to voters as the need to listen to them. But the wording of Mr Obama’s apology is significant: he seems still to believe that he can cure any national discontent and resolve any argument in his favour simply by speaking. His faith in his own rhetorical power is clearly undiminished. If he has not prevailed, it is because he has not spoken often or “directly” enough.

GREENVILLE - Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer has compared giving people government assistance to "feeding stray animals."

Bauer, who is running for the Republican nomination for governor, made his remarks during a town hall meeting in Fountain Inn that included state lawmakers and about 115 residents.

"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed. You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better," Bauer said.

In South Carolina, 58 percent of students participate in the free and reduced-price lunch program.

Later in his speech, Bauer said, "I can show you a bar graph where free and reduced lunch has the worst test scores in the state of South Carolina," adding, "You show me the school that has the highest free and reduced lunch, and I'll show you the worst test scores, folks. It's there, period.

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/1123844.html

GREENVILLE - Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer has compared giving people government assistance to "feeding stray animals."

Bauer, who is running for the Republican nomination for governor, made his remarks during a town hall meeting in Fountain Inn that included state lawmakers and about 115 residents.

"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed. You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better," Bauer said.

In South Carolina, 58 percent of students participate in the free and reduced-price lunch program.

Later in his speech, Bauer said, "I can show you a bar graph where free and reduced lunch has the worst test scores in the state of South Carolina," adding, "You show me the school that has the highest free and reduced lunch, and I'll show you the worst test scores, folks. It's there, period.

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/1123844.html

:ph34r: That's so crass, it's funny. In a completely tragic sense, of course. What's he going to suggest next? That we spay and neuter kids on school lunch programs, like the ASPCA does stray cats?

If he has not prevailed, it is because he has not spoken often or “directly” enough.[/indent]

Prime time speech to a joint session of congress; prime time presser; countless hours on countless prime time shows of him discussing the plan over and over and over and over.

If you like your plan, you can keep it.

If you like your doctor, you can keep them.

We won't fund abortions.

We won't fund illegal aliens.

It will be deficit neutral.

Over and over and over.

But sure. Keep telling everyone because I'm sure they just missed it the first 972 times.

That's right Debbie, everyone from the south is a racist and everyone from Washington state is a homeless, jobless, flannel wearing hippie.

:ph34r:

Explains why we haven't heard from Silver'n'Red lately. He probably can't afford Internet access anymore now that even Starbucks is limiting freeloaders.

Compassionate Conservatism at work. Or since it's a Southern State probably more like "KKKompassionate KKKonservatism".

You can teach us redneck southerners a thing or two about tolerance for people different than yourself and not judging people from a preconceived bias :ph34r:

All Hail The Nozzlenut :ph34r: