Bush the Idiot?

BillsNYC

Was just thinking how funny it is that Dems/Libs always said what an idiot Bush was and didn't deserve to be president.

Bush got his agenda though with both a majority and without in Congress, and Pelosi/Reid would always back down.

Dems/Libs proclaimed Obama the Messiah.

Obama couldn't get anything done with a SUPER MAJORITY, and blamed everything on Republicans and Bush.

Who's the idiot?

You answered your own question. Reid and Pelosi always backed down. Have the repubs returned the favor? Especially on health care? They have been nothing but obstructionist. No way the dems could have been obstructionist or they would have been painted as unpatriotic after 911. In hindsight, maybe they should have... We would have been better off.

Thank 911 too... Everybody on tis board was an idiot (besides me of course) right up to the run up to war in 2003... Sorry you missed the crazy discourse on both sides of the aisle here on the board... Seeing how you joined right around the time we invaded Iraq.

You answered your own question. Reid and Pelosi always backed down. Have the repubs returned the favor? Especially on health care? They have been nothing but obstructionist.

Ughhh...turn off MSNBC. The REPUBLICANS HAD NO POWER TO OBSTRUCT, DEMS HAD ALL THE POWER TO DO WHAT THEY WANTED!!!!

You answered your own question. Reid and Pelosi always backed down. Have the repubs returned the favor? Especially on health care? They have been nothing but obstructionist. No way the dems could have been obstructionist or they would have been painted as unpatriotic after 911. In hindsight, maybe they should have... We would have been better off.

Thank 911 too... Everybody on tis board was an idiot (besides me of course) right up to the run up to war in 2003... Sorry you missed the crazy discourse on both sides of the aisle here on the board... Seeing how you joined right around the time we invaded Iraq.

Of course they backed down. Like all leftist wing nuts, by definition,they have no backbone. Happens when you depend on others to get things done like doing work, making money for example.

I dunno whats worse..

Being an ineffectual kitty or a balls out nut who hamfists everything.

Theres GOT to be some middleground somewhere.

Guys, if RK and I agree, there is a serious issue with our government.

Seriously, I am saddened by what is going on with Obama. I didn't vote for him but had hopes he would live up to his rhetoric. Similarly, I hated Bush as the choice of in 2000, but was glad he was president when 9/11 happened (props to Ocin I think). Both ruined the hopes I had for them. Lets hope Obama doesn't screw up too much more.

Guys, if RK and I agree, there is a serious issue with our government.

Seriously, I am saddened by what is going on with Obama. I didn't vote for him but had hopes he would live up to his rhetoric. Similarly, I hated Bush as the choice of in 2000, but was glad he was president when 9/11 happened (props to Ocin I think). Both ruined the hopes I had for them. Lets hope Obama doesn't screw up too much more.

I wouldn't say Obama has screwed up. He simply doesn't know any different. His only real expertise (aside from speech writing and speech giving are in the areas of civil rights and social justice. He's shown that he's willing to push his agenda at any cost without regard for the consequences that come with that. He talks abot special interests but really the current liberal/progressive/democratic agenda is all about special interests.

I'm a union member, I want secial treatment

I'm a minority, I want preferential treatment

I'm and illegal alien, I have rights and want special treatment

I'm at the bottom of the economic ladder, I want the governemt to give me free health care

I'm gay, I want my rights improved

I'm a terrorist, protect my rights and fund my legal defense

I'm a governmet employee, exempt me from the health care bill

I can't pay my mortgage, help me pay for it.

And on and on.......................

This is what the guy stood for during the campaign, he's exactly who we thought he was. He's exactly who so many voted for. He's exactly wrong on most issues and he's unqualified to be a President and he has surrounded himself with people cut from the same cloth.

In the words of Dennis Green, "The Chicago Bears, they're exactly who we thought they were".

I dunno whats worse..

Being an ineffectual kitty or a balls out nut who hamfists everything.

Theres GOT to be some middleground somewhere.

What we need is for Ross Perot to whup 'em both upside the head with a six hunnerd dollar gummint issued hammer.

Seriously, I am saddened by what is going on with Obama.

Same here! Obama is just too much of a thinker and not a doer. When you're the President of anything you need to be a doer. Being a doer is not Obama's DNA. He would rather write articles like "Why Haiti Matters" instead of leading the government.

Obama's last two speeches in MA and OH were awkward and dull. In his MA speech for Coakley he said that he didn't know Scott Brown's political record. WTF?

Same here! Obama is just too much of a thinker and not a doer. When you're the President of anything you need to be a doer. Being a doer is not Obama's DNA. He would rather write articles like "Why Haiti Matters" instead of leading the government.

Obama's last two speeches in MA and OH were awkward and dull. In his MA speech for Coakley he said that he didn't know Scott Brown's political record. WTF?

You're right. It's obvious he much prefers campaigning for office and pontificating about ideologic causes than in quietly governing. He needs the spotlight though. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts as increasing numbers of Americans just don't appreciate his "genius" and his plans for the country. He needs more quiet time in his office and less time in front of packed rooms with adulating audiences. He doesn't take criticism well. It's all about him.

Who's the idiot one with corporate backing?

Fixed that. Corporations have a lot control in this country, and Republicans (and a lot of Dems) are on their payroll. In either case it's safe to say that Republicans can get a lot through because they go along with the corporate agenda. When Obama tries to do something, he has to fight against billion dollar marketing campaign put in by the Health Insurance industry intended to stop his bill from passing.

... however with that said, Obama has don a ton during his first year. More than most presidents.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...oryId=122436116

Edit:

One more thing. Bush was/is an idiot. He was just a puppet. Cheney/Rove and that crowd were not idiots and they were also very evil.

Fixed that. Corporations have a lot control in this country, and Republicans (and a lot of Dems) are on their payroll. In either case it's safe to say that Republicans can get a lot through because they go along with the corporate agenda. When Obama tries to do something, he has to fight against billion dollar marketing campaign put in by the Health Insurance industry intended to stop his bill from passing.

... however with that said, Obama has don a ton during his first year. More than most presidents.

Edit:

One more thing. Bush was/is an idiot. He was just a puppet. Cheney/Rove and that crowd were not idiots and they were also very evil.

You consistantly bring the art of assmudgeonry to new levels.

Edit:

Your measure of accomplishment for a president is that a Congress that is unassailably controlled by his party agrees with him almost all the time when he has a coherent position on a topic? :lol:

Just curious...do you even possess higher brain functions?

Your measure of accomplishment for a president is that a Congress that is unassailably controlled by his party agrees with him almost all the time when he has a coherent position on a topic? :death:

uhmm.... ? The original post said "Obama couldn't get anything done with a SUPER MAJORITY". I am demonstrating this is a false statement. Thank you for agreeing with me. Yes, Obama has done a lot with this "Congress that is unassailably controlled by his party".