The Nuts and the Creeps.

I'm glad you mentioned this Erin, because I read another article today that I think you might enjoy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?nav=hcmodule

Nice. Thanks. CK doesnt hold any punches on his OP-EDs or on TV. Hard to believe this guy was once a staunch Lib.

I liked this part the most.

Let's get this straight: The antipathy to George W. Bush is so enduring and powerful that . . . it just elected a Republican senator in Massachusetts? Why, the man is omnipotent.

And the Democrats are delusional: Scott Brown won by running against Obama, not Bush. He won by brilliantly nationalizing the race, running hard against the Obama agenda, most notably Obamacare. Killing it was his No. 1 campaign promise.

:flirt:

Nice. Thanks. CK doesnt hold any punches on his OP-EDs or on TV. Hard to believe this guy was once a staunch Lib.

I liked this part the most.

Let's get this straight: The antipathy to George W. Bush is so enduring and powerful that . . . it just elected a Republican senator in Massachusetts? Why, the man is omnipotent.

And the Democrats are delusional: Scott Brown won by running against Obama, not Bush. He won by brilliantly nationalizing the race, running hard against the Obama agenda, most notably Obamacare. Killing it was his No. 1 campaign promise.

:flirt:

He also ran against the Republicans on a spend less ticket.

Interesting articles, both, particularly because they echo something I mentioned earlier in the week; that while it's easy to demonize the tea party movement as a bunch of racist, right-wing extremist, Obama-in-a-Hitler-moustache-waving freaks, that doesn't mean it's true. These aren't exclusively right-wing people. These aren't just white people. They aren't just after Democrats. They're people who are sick of big spending, high taxes, and increased entitlement programs that punish the majority while helping a small number who could easily be helped without trampling over and taking what the majority earned and retain. And most importantly, they mostly don't give a crap about social issues like gay marriage, and if they do, it's not NEAR as important as maintaining individual freedoms by reducing dependency on government.

From Noonan:

But the Republican candidates in Virginia and New Jersey, and now Scott Brown in Massachusetts, did something amazing. They played the part of the Creep very badly! They put themselves forward as serious about spending, as independent, not narrowly partisan. Mr. Brown rarely mentioned he was a Republican, and didn't even mention the party in his victory speech. Importantly, their concerns were on the same page as the voters'. They focused on the relationship between spending and taxing, worried about debt and deficits, were moderate in their approach to social issues. They didn't have wedge issues, they had issues.

The left tried to play it down. They tried to paint is as a handful of angry right-winger teabaggers and town hall freaks put in place by big insurance companies, and being so blind and so wrong to that extent put a silver bullet right through the heart of the health care werewolf.

And this from the Krautmeister:

The reason both wings of American liberalism -- congressional and mainstream media -- were so surprised at the force of anti-Democratic sentiment is that they'd spent Obama's first year either ignoring or disdaining the clear early signs of resistance: the tea-party movement of the spring and the town-hall meetings of the summer. With characteristic condescension, they contemptuously dismissed the protests as the mere excrescences of a redneck, retrograde, probably racist rabble.

So I'll take a moment to laugh at these idiots as they now huddle together to claim that JOBS is the number one priority. I'll chuckle at the sudden backpeddling of congresscritters like Zack Space (read comments recommended here). But I won't do it for long. Because this is the time to review the November races for candidates who plan to stop this embarrassing spending spree and attack on the free market. State by state. Seat by seat. Time to pick the battles and fund them well.

But you libs keep telling everyone that Scott Brown was put into office by the same anger that elected Obama. It's right up there with dismissing things based on a font.

Interesting articles, both, particularly because they echo something I mentioned earlier in the week; that while it's easy to demonize the tea party movement as a bunch of racist, right-wing extremist, Obama-in-a-Hitler-moustache-waving freaks, that doesn't mean it's true. These aren't exclusively right-wing people. These aren't just white people. They aren't just after Democrats. They're people who are sick of big spending, high taxes, and increased entitlement programs that punish the majority while helping a small number who could easily be helped without trampling over and taking what the majority earned and retain. And most importantly, they mostly don't give a crap about social issues like gay marriage, and if they do, it's not NEAR as important as maintaining individual freedoms by reducing dependency on government.

From Noonan:

The left tried to play it down. They tried to paint is as a handful of angry right-winger teabaggers and town hall freaks put in place by big insurance companies, and being so blind and so wrong to that extent put a silver bullet right through the heart of the health care werewolf.

And this from the Krautmeister:

So I'll take a moment to laugh at these idiots as they now huddle together to claim that JOBS is the number one priority. I'll chuckle at the sudden backpeddling of congresscritters like Zack Space (read comments recommended here). But I won't do it for long. Because this is the time to review the November races for candidates who plan to stop this embarrassing spending spree and attack on the free market. State by state. Seat by seat. Time to pick the battles and fund them well.

But you libs keep telling everyone that Scott Brown was put into office by the same anger that elected Obama. It's right up there with dismissing things based on a font.

If jobs were the highest priority, they'd pass the health care bill, which would require hundreds of thousands of people to manage the new bureaucratic mess it creates.