Championship Sunday -who ya got?

Chandler#81

Once you get here, anything can happen and we've seen evidence of it in recent years. One story not getting much press is the Jets/Farve angle. Brett coming out of retirement (again) last year and being traded to the AFC was arguably the sports story of the year. He, alone, was gonna make the Jets relevant again, finally. As the season wore on and Farve wore out, the Jets regressed into also-rans once more. After the season, both parties agreed to separate -Farve into retirement (again) and the Jets would look elsewhere for a QB.

One year later, Farve has led the Vikings back to the title game and the Jets, who shocked the league with a 1st round draft trade up, find themselves in the same position as a bonafide contender for years to come. IMO, the only thing more interesting than how this played out would be seeing both teams faceoff in 2 weeks.

My picks: Colts over Jets (oh well..)

Vikes over Saints

These are tough games to pick.

I think I like the Vikings over the Saints. The Vikings just have more talent across the board I think. Either team would be a worthy super bowl team.

Jets / Colts. I think the Jets have a very good chance of pulling off the upset. The Colts are definitely the real thing, but I think the Jets have the hunger and the pure aggression on both sides of the ball to make a miracle. They are peaking at exactly the right time.

Indy over NY in the AFC.

NFC I would like to see the Saints, but Minnesota's defense is better and will keep the NO offense from putting up huge numbers.

I don't know about that. Minnesota's track record isn't good -- they've looked terrible on the road. They've looked terrible in night games. They've looked terrible in conference championships. Plus Ray Edwards is banged up, and Percey Harvin missed practice today with another migraine.

Not a good combo.

I want to see Indy & New Orleans move on. I've always been a Peyton fan and I like what New Orleans is doing. Plus, I can't stand the Jets and I don't particularly care for Favre anymore. A NY-Minn Superbowl would pretty much ruin my year.

What I think will happen is Indy-Minnesota. I think the Vikes defense is going to pressure Brees too much and either sack him enough or force him into a mistake or two. I have a feeling Indy won't blow out the Jets, but I think the pressure will get to Sanchez this time....not necessarily the Indy pass rush, but the pressure of being in the big game. Sanchez (so far) hasn't been bothered by that too much, but I don't think he'll be very comfortable.

I was flipping through channels last night and stumbled upon a Jets homer show, I think on MSG. All 4 "analysts" predicted the Jets crushing the Colts. Here is how it will happen (according to them mind you, not me :flirt: ):

1) The Indy corners will get burned early, often, and mercilessly by Sanchez and the wide outs.

2) Because of #1, the Jets will take an early lead.

3) The Indy offense and defense, not used to being behind, would start pressing and choke. Thus leading to even more points for the Jets.

I kept waiting for them to burst out laughing or at least crack a smile, but they never did! :doh:

You gotta love homers :)

I kept waiting for them to burst out laughing or at least crack a smile, but they never did! :doh:

I happen to be picking the Jets in this one, but I don't see it happening like this at all. Blatant homerism. Really though, can you blame 'em? If the Bills were playing this weekend, I'd be so giddy, my mind would be oatmeal. :flirt:

Once you get here, anything can happen and we've seen evidence of it in recent years. One story not getting much press is the Jets/Farve angle. Brett coming out of retirement (again) last year and being traded to the AFC was arguably the sports story of the year. He, alone, was gonna make the Jets relevant again, finally. As the season wore on and Farve wore out, the Jets regressed into also-rans once more. After the season, both parties agreed to separate -Farve into retirement (again) and the Jets would look elsewhere for a QB.

One year later, Farve has led the Vikings back to the title game and the Jets, who shocked the league with a 1st round draft trade up, find themselves in the same position as a bonafide contender for years to come. IMO, the only thing more interesting than how this played out would be seeing both teams faceoff in 2 weeks.

My picks: Colts over Jets (oh well..)

Vikes over Saints

Vikes all the way to the superbowl win

After last weekend's games I was sure the home teams would win, but now i'm leaning toward the visitors in both games. I just have this weird feeling (as much as I hate to admit it and I hope I'm wrong) that the Jests will win it all. :flirt:

After last weekend's games I was sure the home teams would win, but now i'm leaning toward the visitors in both games. I just have this weird feeling (as much as I hate to admit it and I hope I'm wrong) that the Jests will win it all. :flirt:

OMG!! Armageddon!

I think the Jets might pull it out. I actually would like to see them do it. I want to have the patriots watch somebody else in their division succeed. And, it sure as hell aint gonna be us!

I'm a Bills fan, always have been, but I like Rex Ryan. I like how that guy runs the show. That guy is a football coach.

I wish we could get somebody like that... yeah, somebody like that...

I think Peyton Manning is a choker type of a QB when it comes to the playoffs. The Jets are the tougher team, they have the better defense and the better running game. Colts will rue the day they let laid down to the Jets in week 16. I think the Jets beat them.

The Saints will beat the Vikings. They'll go on to beat the Jets in the Superbowl.