Beer and Burgers

/dev/null

If calories from a whopper aren't enough. Wonder how many carbs are in fries, bun, and a beer? Add to this pile of carbs plenty of saturated fat and you have a meal made for the new health plan.

So much for the South Beach diet, huh?

OTOH, you can go to Mango's and dance all those calories off.

Beer in fast food joints is long overdue. Just ask my man Vincent Vega...

Vincent: All right. Well, you can walk into a movie theater in Amsterdam and buy a beer. And I don't mean just like in no paper cup, I'm talking about a glass of beer. And in Paris, you can buy a beer at McDonald's. And you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

if you are worried about calories and carbs, why would u care what BK does, just go to Taco Bell or Subway for your dietary needs :flirt:

If calories from a whopper aren't enough. Wonder how many carbs are in fries, bun, and a beer? Add to this pile of carbs plenty of saturated fat and you have a meal made for the new health plan.

So much for the South Beach diet, huh?

OTOH, you can go to Mango's and dance all those calories off.

Beer in fast food joints is long overdue. Just ask my man Vincent Vega...

I've been to the Mangos in Ft. Lauderdale. I reccomend the seafood lasagna.

if you are worried about calories and carbs, why would u care what BK does, just go to Taco Bell or Subway for your dietary needs :flirt:

Yeah pretty wild that fast food joints tout themselves as "diet" ready. Order a 12 inch subway white bread sub with tuna, mayo, bag of chips and cookie. Then throw in a regular (sugar) coke for good measure. My guess is that the calories and carbs in this meal will blow away a whopper, large fries and a beer. Not at all saying that you can't order healthier and lower calorie options at subway. Just saying that many do not.

What I was trying to point out in my other post was that if Americans do not already eat enough food that is bad for them adding beer on top of it is only going to make the situation worse.

Yeah pretty wild that fast food joints tout themselves as "diet" ready. Order a 12 inch subway white bread sub with tuna, mayo, bag of chips and cookie. Then throw in a regular (sugar) coke for good measure. My guess is that the calories and carbs in this meal will blow away a whopper, large fries and a beer. Not at all saying that you can't order healthier and lower calorie options at subway. Just saying that many do not.

What I was trying to point out in my other post was that if Americans do not already eat enough food that is bad for them adding beer on top of it is only going to make the situation worse.

Nothing new here, been doing it at an Arbys in Richmond for years. Real shocker that it is the highest grossing Arbys in the world :doh:

http://www.abc.state.va.us/newsletter/pdf/LicWinter2006.pdf

In terms of the Subway, I think the options are much better than typical fast food. Now, if you have a an Italian BMT, with extra meet, extra cheese, mayo, oil and vinegar and on 12 inch white(dude in front of me had this today), then yes, no good.

But I usually get a 6 inch whole grain honey oat, turkey and ham, no cheese, several veggiess and little swipe of the honey mustard. Less than 320 calories...good deal food wiseit fiils me up, and its only $3.94, so good deal on the wallet as well!!

Only thing that always pisses me off at most of these places in when you get water, they give you like a 5 oz cup..wtf, thats good for my first bite :flirt:

Nothing new here, been doing it at an Arbys in Richmond for years. Real shocker that it is the highest grossing Arbys in the world :doh:

http://www.abc.state.va.us/newsletter/pdf/LicWinter2006.pdf

In terms of the Subway, I think the options are much better than typical fast food. Now, if you have a an Italian BMT, with extra meet, extra cheese, mayo, oil and vinegar and on 12 inch white(dude in front of me had this today), then yes, no good.

But I usually get a 6 inch whole grain honey oat, turkey and ham, no cheese, several veggiess and little swipe of the honey mustard. Less than 320 calories...good deal food wiseit fiils me up, and its only $3.94, so good deal on the wallet as well!!

Only thing that always pisses me off at most of these places in when you get water, they give you like a 5 oz cup..wtf, thats good for my first bite :flirt:

I used to think that my boss was crazy because he would get whole wheat with veggies only from subway (no cheese, no mayo, no dressing). One day I decided to try it and found that I really liked it. I try to get one two or three times a week (also try to have egg whites for breakfast 2 or three times per week). Doing stuff like this means that I have no guilt or worry during the few and far between times that I do indulge in a good burger, fries and a beer.

I used to think that my boss was crazy because he would get whole wheat with veggies only from subway (no cheese, no mayo, no dressing). One day I decided to try it and found that I really liked it. I try to get one two or three times a week (also try to have egg whites for breakfast 2 or three times per week). Doing stuff like this means that I have no guilt or worry during the few and far between times that I do indulge in a good burger, fries and a beer.

Thats all i am trying to do, make some better choices 80% of the time, and enjoy the hell out of the other 20% :thumbsup:

Down 35 lbs in the last 4 months doing that, and also working out.