Is everyone certain JP starts 2005?

_BiB_

Oh my God... what a difference a week makes. Last week was the lowest of the low and Bledsoe adds an exclamation point to his miserable play by stinking out the joint... just about everyone has written his epitaph.

Fast forward one week later... Drew, at home, rides a suberb special teams performance and has a decent game against arguably the worst defense in the league and a depleted secondary. Now all of a sudden there are images of sugar plums dancing in our heads. WTF??? This can only be because the Christmas season causing this.

Take off the rose colored glasses folks. Al Gore lost the 2000 election, Scott Norwood was wide right, and, no, Jimmy Hoffa ain't coming home for dinner tonight.

Bledsoe = Zero

Bledsoe = Home for the Holidays

Bledsoe = High draft pick for Dallas

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God... what a difference a week makes.  Last week was the lowest of the low and Bledsoe adds an exclamation point to his miserable play by stinking out the joint... just about everyone has written his epitaph.

Fast forward one week later... Drew, at home, rides a suberb special teams performance and has a decent game against arguably the worst defense in the league and a depleted secondary.  Now all of a sudden there are images of sugar plums dancing in our heads.  WTF???   This can only be because the Christmas season causing this.

Take off the rose colored glasses folks. Al Gore lost the 2000 election, Scott Norwood was wide right, and, no, Jimmy Hoffa ain't coming home for dinner tonight.

Bledsoe = Zero

Bledsoe = Home for the Holidays

Bledsoe = High draft pick for Dallas

131092[/snapback]

The original intent of the thread was based on a "what if". I, for one am not calling for Bledsoe as QB, or Losman for that matter. I was wondering on what folks might think in terms of what the Bill's braintrust was thinking....

:w00t:

Oh, hell with it...M-I-C.....K-E-Y.....M-O-U-S-E!

Beach party bonzo anyone? Surf's up! (and so is Frankie)

The original intent of the thread was based on a "what if". I, for one am not calling for Bledsoe as QB, or Losman for that matter. I was wondering on what folks might think in terms of what the Bill's braintrust was thinking....

:w00t:

Oh, hell with it...M-I-C.....K-E-Y.....M-O-U-S-E!

Beach party bonzo anyone? Surf's up! (and so is Frankie)

131102[/snapback]

Eric Von Zipper will return before Drew will.

That's a good question.  On the other hand, if the Bills would have handed the starting RB position to McGahee from the start of the season, would the Bills have been better off?  Probably.

It's tough to say.  It would be great if Bledsoe started to light things up and made this argument moot, but right now, he's just playing well enough to not lose.

With an entire offseason and preseason (and some starts this year), I believe the coaches can get Losman to that level at least.  At that point, it comes down to who has the most upside, and Losman's mobiity gives him the edge.

129621[/snapback]

Great point. If Willis was in from day 1 this season (assuming he was ready to go) it seems almost beyond reasonable dispute that the Bills would have a better record. They MIGHT even be in some sort of playoff contention.

This is an issue about which I have zero opinion. It rests in the hands of MM, and his career may hinge on being right, as well as the career of TD for making the trade which I still do not like, but that is jmo.

has anyone thought about the Bills going after another Drew during the offseason, I mean of course, Drew Brees -  just a thought

131192[/snapback]

Doubtful as even though Bledsoe is on his way out to retire at some point not far off he is seen as in JPs way, You want a QB controversy picking up Brees will do this for you.

In addition, regardless of whether he stays or goes we have a cap commitment to Bledsoe next year and probaly the year after. I doubt if the cap is big enough for us to pay Bledsoe, JP and the many offers Brees is likely to get.

Now picking up whomever Brees knocks out when he gets signed as an FA as our plan B or plan C back-up is a real possibility.