The top 15 companies to work for.

erynthered

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/artic...orklife_balance

Guess who made number 3, with no layoffs in their 94 year hisstory? Yep you got it!!

3. Wegmans Food Markets

Previous rank: 5

What makes it so great?

Rated one of the best groceries in the nation, and a former No. 1 on our list (in 2005), Wegmans has never had a layoff in its 94-year history. More than 4,000 employees, 11% of the workforce, have been here more than 15 years.

10. Camden Property Trust

Previous rank: 41

What makes it so great?

After stock of apartment developer tanked from a high of $80 in 2006 to a low of $17 in 2009, founders Ric Campo and Keith Oden rallied workers across 13 states with messages such as "Turn off CNBC -- the moderators know less than you do about the way forward." By year’s end the stock had rebounded to $42.

2. Edward Jones

Previous rank: 2

What makes it so great?

The investment adviser weathered the recession without closing one of its 12,615 offices or laying off a single employee (the British division was sold in October). Salaries were frozen, but profit sharing continued.

Bull farging ****. I just interviewed a guy yesterday who was laid off by EJ.

#54 - Paychex

What makes it so great?

Payroll provider restocked its vending machines with healthy snacks and nuts, and employees get checks ranging from $100 to $300 for trying to get fit.

Headquarters: 1175 John Street

Rochester, NY 14586

2008 revenue ($ millions): 2,100

I beg to differ;

Wegmans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tops any day of the infinity.

The workers seem much happier at Wegman's and are certainly more helpful and friendly. Also I never get hit up for money outside Wegmans, can't say the same for Tops

The workers seem much happier at Wegman's and are certainly more helpful and friendly. Also I never get hit up for money outside Wegmans, can't say the same for Tops

I live in New Jersey and there isn't a Wegmans within a reasonable drive of where I live (Closest one is 35-45 minutes away from my house). I have only been to one once and it was really nice my only complaint about the place was probably that it was a little pricey but I guess you have to pay for quality.

I beg to differ regarding that statement "they never lay off staff"....Instead of techically laying them off what they do is drastically cut back one's hours to say 4 work hours per week until they quit due to lack of hours given. Then they can proclaim they never laid that person off.....and unless you are managment you are a PT employee and they will schedule you 34.5 hours/wk in order to avoid making you 35 which qualifies you for full time benefits. Don't believe the hype.