FYI- some info about changes in 2010 - the CBA and

Nice post. I have read a lot of this before and people panicked because of an uncapped year. I believe there will be less spending and player movement. Cowboys can not just go out and spend whatever they want on UFA. Going from 4 to 6 years to become an UFA is a big advantage for the owners.

One question I have is that with no "salary cap" can we expect to see players who signed bloated contracts cut as there will be no cap penalty? Seeing that there may be no football in 2011, and with the future of the cap unknown, would a team dump these players in this uncapped year, especially if there is no minimum cap amount? This could allow them to clean house and set-themselves up for a fresh start once a new bargaining agreement is in place...

One question I have is that with no "salary cap" can we expect to see players who signed bloated contracts cut as there will be no cap penalty? Seeing that there may be no football in 2011, and with the future of the cap unknown, would a team dump these players in this uncapped year, especially if there is no minimum cap amount? This could allow them to clean house and set-themselves up for a fresh start once a new bargaining agreement is in place...

I think you will see some of that, yes.

Good Lord, what's Jason Peters gonna do?

Good Lord, what's Jason Peters gonna do?

:devil:

I was thinking more McGahee :devil:

On a serious note though, that may also increase the pool of FAs who are good, but were grossly overpaid. I think teams that are close may take a plunge on some of these players with a smaller contract for a this 1 year shot and that may leave some quality lesser known FAs out there that we could get to build depth and plug holes with (Drayton Florence type players). As it's been said before don't expect any flashy names. This is one reason why I am glad to see Guy go now. I don't know how good Buddy is in the in the league FA scouting department, but hopefully he knows someone who is good and can get him in here....

Apparently 221 players who otherwise would have been UFA's this off-season, won't be. Plus teams have 1 franchise and 2 transition tags, meaning 96 more potential UFA's can be restricted from moving, at a premium of course.

Apparently 221 players who otherwise would have been UFA's this off-season, won't be. Plus teams have 1 franchise and 2 transition tags, meaning 96 more potential UFA's can be restricted from moving, at a premium of course.

Thats the part that hurts...

A fresh start, but with the equivalent talent of an expansion team.

Total player salaries are expected to drop $300-600 million...owners are not playing that crap anymore...expect to see teams dropping $20-30 million off their payrolls...

If that is true, we may see Kelsay, Schobel, Whitner, Marshawn, Stroud, and even Evans moved.

My list was named most likely to least likely. Everyone of them but Kelsay I would imagine to have some kind of trade value.

And 96 players can hold out for new contracts in addition to the 221 who will hold out to be given raises as if they were free agents or to be released.