The wrong Guy has been let go......

wil1226

FWIW, that's MY conspiracy theory, not TG's. He called the timing of the release "peculiar" when he spoke to Brad Riter tonight, but did NOT ascribe any ulterior motive to it:

http://networkedblogs.com/p25144388

Unlike our friend Sal Maiorana: "Pretty funny that the Bills' two-sentence release on Guy's firing was issued at 11:37 p.m. Like they were going to sneak it by all of us."

http://twitter.com/salmaiorana/statuses/8026832086

I guess maybe if they issued it at 7:30am, people would have thought they were trying to sneak it by them because most of them were still sleeping? Maybe everytime they make changes they should call a press conference and send out cards asking when is the best time for all the media members to make it...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess maybe if they issued it at 7:30am, people would have thought they were trying to sneak it by them because most of them were still sleeping? Maybe everytime they make changes they should call a press conference and send out cards asking when is the best time for all the media members to make it...

Or, y'know, save what was essentially a minor announcement -- and as Tim pointed out (and we've witnessed here), one most Bills fans highly approve of -- for normal business hours? Instead, guys like Gaughan and Wawrow were stuck feverishly writing and filing stories after midnight.

Or, y'know, save what was essentially a minor announcement -- and as Tim pointed out (and we've witnessed here), one most Bills fans highly approve of -- for normal business hours? Instead, guys like Gaughan and Wawrow were stuck feverishly writing and filing stories after midnight.

Perhaps they just don't care about what people who have nothing to do with them running their business have to do at that time of night? Total non-issue to me...find another job if you are going to whine about having to work late some nights...

Perhaps they just don't care about what people who have nothing to do with them running their business have to do at that time of night? Total non-issue to me...find another job if you are going to whine about having to work late some nights...

Does that also extend to whoever in the PR department had to write that release, and the accompanying story on the team's own site? Aren't you the least bit curious why they didn't hold it until morning?

Does that also extend to whoever in the PR department had to write that release, and the accompanying story on the team's own site? Aren't you the least bit curious why they didn't hold it until morning?

Aren't you the least bit curious why you're arguing with a wall?

Aren't you the least bit curious why you're arguing with a wall?

1.) Boredom.

2.) I know that when I go to get up from my desk, my knee's going to hurt like hell as soon as I try to bend it, and I'm trying to put off that eventuality.

But yeah, you have a point.

Completely incompetent PR staff and a poor attempt at manipulating coverage. You are right on both counts. Could they have become concerned about information getting out prematurely?

Difficult to evaluate Guy coming out of that situation. Never had much pull in the organization. We will probably find out a lot more when he makes his next stop like some other football people that have departed. Either way, as many have pointed out, it was a necessary move and was a lock to happen as soon as Buddy was hired.

Hmmm, and just WHO, NeverGiveUp, might be one to leak information prematurely?!! Seems YOU had some recent "inside info" on the Nix hire and on the Gailey hire. Wouldn't you call THAT a premature release of information? I only hope you don't have a fiduciary relationship with the team. Of course, I'm not sure which is worse -- someone on the inside leaking information prematurely or someone on the outside finding out so easily.

It was a 2 line press release...I am pretty sure someone who was involved in the decision would have been capable of handling that one...

As far as being curious as to why it wasn't held til morning, I have to say not really. Maybe they wanted to handle their business and keep it moving.

Hmmm, and just WHO, NeverGiveUp, might be one to leak information prematurely?!! Seems YOU had some recent "inside info" on the Nix hire and on the Gailey hire. Wouldn't you call THAT a premature release of information? I only hope you don't have a fiduciary relationship with the team. Of course, I'm not sure which is worse -- someone on the inside leaking information prematurely or someone on the outside finding out so easily.

organizations (someone on the inside) intentionally "leak" (premature release) information all the time for various reasons, it's normal practice. they obviously have a fiduciary relationship, they work there.

those who receive these tips, never reveal their source or it would be cut off.

Not really an argument...more like surprised at the lengths people will go to portray things so the facts fit their perception of reality...

A perception shared by every beat guy I've talked to about it so far. (And that doesn't include Tim, who's been busy covering an actual playoff team today.)

A perception shared by every beat guy I've talked to about it so far. (And that doesn't include Tim, who's been busy covering an actual playoff team today.)

Of course, because it fits what they want to believe and gives them lots of good ammunition for their fiction novels

Speaking of "perception of reality" ...

Yes, similar to when they call up a reported coaching candidate, he tells them he has not been contacted at all, but yet they refuse to believe him because it fits what they feel like writing about, then quote the nebulous "unnamed source", aka, "figment of their imagination", and write whatever they feel like...I mean really...why believe the person who they are writing about.

What a great job to have no need of accountability because you can then always say your imagination...err..."source" was wrong. Wait a minute...sounds like the Bills under Dick Jauron...

organizations (someone on the inside) intentionally "leak" (premature release) information all the time for various reasons, it's normal practice. they obviously have a fiduciary relationship, they work there.

those who receive these tips, never reveal their source or it would be cut off.

Do you know that nevergiveup works for the Bills? You know something the rest of us don't? You can't just assume he/she does because of this accurate information -- lots of ways for information to slip.

Yes, similar to when they call up a reported coaching candidate, he tells them he has not been contacted at all, but yet they refuse to believe him because it fits what they feel like writing about, then quote the nebulous "unnamed source", aka, "figment of their imagination", and write whatever they feel like...

You mean the reported coaching candidate who "had some discussions" with said team (direct quote from him)?

The same guy who said he was happily retired two years ago, at the same time his agent was actively promoting his interest in the Baltimore job?

That guy?

Do you know that nevergiveup works for the Bills? You know something the rest of us don't? You can't just assume he/she does because of this accurate information -- lots of ways for information to slip.

what is your point...where are you going with this ??..

nevergiveup tells us a few hours ahead of anyone else that the bills will name Nix GM ?........how does he benefit from that?? (other than gaining street cred on a message board ??)

nevergiveup tells us a few hours ahead of anyone else that the bills will name Nix GM ?........how does he benefit from that?? (other than gaining street cred on a message board ??)

I just look the other way and don't care who 'nevergiveup' really is. Why look a gift horse in the mouth ?

I'm not really going any particular way with this. I just found it ironic that the very individual who gave us these gems of information makes reference to a scenario where someone lets information slip -- against the wishes of the front office in his scenario. It just struck me as ironic is all.

I will just say this -- in the two early releases of information -- Nix and Gailey -- I don't see real harm to the Bills in that and perhaps there is indeed some reason the Bills would have leaked that information -- no problem. But what if some information gets out early that does harm to the Bills? I guess what I'm getting at is I hope nevergiveup has the Bills' interest at heart because he/she appears to be in a position of knowing.

I just look the other way and don't care who 'nevergiveup' really is. Why look a gift horse in the mouth ?

Or we can keep pressing the issue and make sure that he never posts again. That'll show him. :wallbash: