The wrong Guy has been let go......

wil1226

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:oops: IT MEANS NOTHING IF LITTMAN AND OVERDORF DOESNT FOLLOW HIS BEHIND OUT THE DOOR .........................POLIAN HAVE BEEN FIGHTING WITH LITTMAN ABOUT PAYING FOR PLAYER PERSONEL FOR-EVER. GUY NEVER HAD A CHANCE BECAUSE HE DIDNT DOLE OUT THE CONTRACTS LITTMAN & OVERDORF DID THAT AND UNTIL WE GET RID OF THEM WHOMEVER TAKE GUY PLACE WILL HAVE THE SAME :thumbsup: PROBLEM......... WHAT SENSE WOULD IT BE TO TRY TO BRING SOMEONE IN IF THEY WILL NOT PAY FOR THEM

:oops: IT MEANS NOTHING IF LITTMAN AND OVERDORF DOESNT FOLLOW HIS BEHIND OUT THE DOOR .........................POLIAN HAVE BEEN FIGHTING WITH LITTMAN ABOUT PAYING FOR PLAYER PERSONEL FOR-EVER. GUY NEVER HAD A CHANCE BECAUSE HE DIDNT DOLE OUT THE CONTRACTS LITTMAN & OVERDORF DID THAT AND UNTIL WE GET RID OF THEM WHOMEVER TAKE GUY PLACE WILL HAVE THE SAME :thumbsup: PROBLEM......... WHAT SENSE WOULD IT BE TO TRY TO BRING SOMEONE IN IF THEY WILL NOT PAY FOR THEM

Samuel L Jackson!?! Is that you?!?

Drayton Florence, just for one.

Still, I have no problem with Guy being let go. I would hope that they upgrade, and that they listen to whoever they hire.

Florence is a backup.....nice player, but doesn't start when mckelvin and mcgee are healthy.

T.O. don't count either....he came to us.....lol

Littman isn't going anywhere.......overdorff is a CAPOLOGIST....bean counter.

i'm sure they have given Buddy a budget......he can spend it any way he likes.

Florence is a backup.....nice player, but doesn't start when mckelvin and mcgee are healthy.

Yeah - that's exactly why he was signed - to be in the mix as the third cornerback. He beat out all other draft picks and signed players and became the nickel corner. He wasn't signed to be a starter. Good signing.

All that said - I don't like seeing people lose their jobs, but it was definitely time for a change.

Drayton Florence, just for one.

Still, I have no problem with Guy being let go. I would hope that they upgrade, and that they listen to whoever they hire.

Florence was a San Diego/Buddy Nix pick.

We signed Florence shortly after Nix came into the FO last year.

Not sure I can give that credit to Guy

"The Buffalo Bills waited until the local news was off the air and the early editions of Thursday's newspaper had been put to bed before sending out a two-sentence press release at 11:37pm to announce they have fired vice president of pro personnel John Guy".

interesting that Tim Graham starts the story pointing out that the local media missed out .......yet Murphy led off the 11pm news with it.......and this thread started at 10:15pm.

HERE'S THE BUFFALO NEWS ARTICLE: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/929637.html

T.O. don't count either....he came to us.....lol

You might be right that Florence will be on the bench when McKelvin is healthy. Unfortunate, only because Florence has proven that he can be a starter.

I still think Florence was a significant pick-up though.

You might be right that Florence will be on the bench when McKelvin is healthy. Unfortunate, only because Florence has proven that he can be a starter.

I still think Florence was a significant pick-up though.

yes.......have to add the following.....

London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Sam Adams and Geoff Hangartner.

Marcus Stroud thru trade.

yes.......have to add the following.....

London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Sam Adams and Geoff Hangartner.

Marcus Stroud thru trade.

I'm sorry but, you're giving him credit for way to much here. You think the deferred to Guy's scouting to realize that Marcus Stroud was a good lineman? Really?

Normally the pro personnel guy is "next in line" for GM at most franchises. I hope they hire a great up and comer from a well run organization (Pipe dream I know). So that when Nix retires (which should be any day now since he didn't want this job), there is someone waiting in the wings.

C