(OT) As there a few fans of NASCAR

_BiB_

Ditto. I was pulling for Mark Martin for nostalgia reasons, as he only is going to have one more season, but I've been an ABG fan since Jeffies arrival. He's a good driver, with a good team-I just don't like him.

Would like to see Tony Stewart put it together next year.

129763[/snapback]

Always liked Stewart. Wouldn't mind seeing Junior get it done, either.

Glad the Bills game was over in time to catch the last 100 laps. Won by 8 points. Maybe the new format is going to catch on after all.

129453[/snapback]

BIB, pick up NASCAR Chronicle by Greg Fielden. The history of NASCAR from pre-1947 to 2002. Amazing book.

That kind of sucks that Jeff didn't win it.

I really don't like the system change as it takes a lot of the meaning out of the first 26 races.  I would rather see the guy that has the best overall year win it then I would this.

130116[/snapback]

My personal jury is still out. I don't like the final 10 race dash on several levels, but at the same time too many championships have been decided well before the season was over. Drivers weren't driving to win races, they were driving for the championship. On the other hand, this cup was decided by eight points. Adds more drama to the end of the season. I might like to see a redistribution of points, putting more emphasis on finishing up front while still honoring consistency. It's like any other sport. Most fans don't want to see the "champion" trying to stay out of trouble maintaining a nice, safe 10-15 position. They want to see racing to win. It was different before NASCAR went mainstream, where the fans uniformly understood the sport. Lots of newbies out there, and NASCAR has to keep them happy.