Drew Is An Average QB, BUT The 4-6

Bill from NYC

His 3 TDs to Campy were read progressions, and a QB rating of 108 is "mediocre"?

129663[/snapback]

Our special teams set him up all day. I mean when Drew starts first and goal from the 4 that does wonders for your QB rating. I am not impressed with his 185 yards, nor his mere 24 minutes TOP. What really leads me to beleive he is a below average QB is that he has led some talented Bills teams to a combined 17-24 record, just like he held back some talented Pats teams previouslly. Were my other observations -cant win on the road, career choker, cannot play on primetime, etc-were they spot on?

edit-oh yeah I forgot about his "below mediocre" 2-11 on third down conversions. Color me still unimpressed

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were my other observations spot-cant win on the road, career choker, cannot play on primetime, etc-were they spot on?

129674[/snapback]

There's little doubt the Bills have struggled on the road -which incidentaly is where the primetime games have been played.

I would disagree with calling him a career-choker.

There's little doubt the Bills have struggled on the road -which incidentaly is where the primetime games have been played. 

I would disagree with calling him a career-choker.

129684[/snapback]

So you disagree with Drew being a career choker but beleive Michael Vick is a career choker? :)

Ok. :)

Drew is Below average.(Which two games would that be?)

129835[/snapback]

Other units like OL may not have performed to the best of their abilities, but

every game we played in with the exception of the Sunday Night Pats game was winnable with average QB play.

Pick any games you want, I say an average QB would've been able to convert 2 of those 5 losses into wins.

Maybe the Jax game doesn't come down to a last-second play.

Maybe the Raiders game doesn't come down to a missed 4th-and-1.

etc. etc.

I still would like someone to come forward with one nationally televised game where Drew kicked ass. Just one please. I mean I can recall Sunday night games, MNF, playoff games off the top of my head where Peyton Manning, Daunte Culpepper, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Matt Hassleback, Tom Brady, Trent Green, etc, etc kicked ass but cannot recall one single game ever where Drew did. He has been in the league over 12 years on some high profile teams. Could someone please point one nationally televised game that he kicked ass in and disprove my notion he is a career choker. I mean did Drew ever scare you as an opponent? :):lol::lol: What the hell is Drews "defining moment"?

I still see guys not wearing 80 running wide open all over the NE secondary while Drew was locking on his primary...

:lol:

129469[/snapback]

you must be mistaken.

Everyone knows that Drew can't complete passes because his WRs can't get open.

It must be true - because I read it on TSW. :)

It's not Drew's fault :lol:

So you disagree with Drew being a career choker but beleive Michael Vick is a career choker? :)

129819[/snapback]

Please link to a post where I said I thought Vick was a "career-choker." I did say that he hasn't won a game with a big play. Therein lies a difference.

And no, I don't think Bledsoe is a "career-choker." A couple of Bills games played in NE about 5 or so years ago proved that.

Please link to a post where I said I thought Vick was a "career-choker."  I did say that he hasn't won a game with a big play.  Therein lies a difference.

And no, I don't think Bledsoe is a "career-choker."  A couple of Bills games played in NE about 5 or so years ago proved that.

129889[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...20entry122620

Just curious, when was the last big game Vick won?
While I probably wasn't clear in my point, the guy has a well-deserved reputation for falling flat when his team needs him to make the big play in big games. He really hasn't made big plays in big games when his team needed him since he was in high school.

Sounds like you are calling Vick a choker to me. Replace "Vick" with Bledsoe and that is my question exactly

I'm concerned with Travis.  I thought he would play well this year and be valuable trade bait.  I don't think we could get a 3rd rounder for him the way this season has gone - especially now that the league sees how TD fleeced the Falcons on the PP trade.

129440[/snapback]

WTH are you talking about? He's barely played. He played in the beginning with the team just getting chemistry and with Mularkey learning the ropes. Then Willis comes in and runs against the easiest run Ds on the schedule and some of the easiset in the league in spite of the fact that Henry ran better last season and in 2002. I like Mcgahee but it would be nice to see him run well vs. some good teams instead of just Miami arizona and the Rams who all suck stoppoing the run.

I still would like someone to come forward with one nationally televised game where Drew kicked ass.  Just one please.  I mean I can recall Sunday night games, MNF, playoff games off the top of my head where Peyton Manning, Daunte Culpepper, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Matt Hassleback, Tom Brady, Trent Green, etc, etc kicked ass but cannot recall one single game ever where Drew did.  He has been in the league over 12 years on some high profile teams.  Could someone please point one nationally televised game that he kicked ass in and disprove my notion he is a career choker.  I mean did Drew ever scare you as an opponent? :)  :lol:  :lol:  What the hell is Drews "defining moment"?

129855[/snapback]

Bueller?

What the hell is Drews "defining moment"?

129855[/snapback]

Well...I know it's not what you're fishing for Pete...but I figure it had to be something during the 99 Season...I mean, seeing as though DB's 23-38 (.377 winning %) as a Starter since that 99 Season, I figure something had to be defining in 99, cause he's really struggled since...

The more I see of Mike Williams at Right Tackle...the more I like him there.......

I would just really like to see Mike come into camp ready to go and in shape......this guys should be a pro bowl right tackle......

129652[/snapback]

They showed an end zone view of one of Willis' runs off right tackle yesterday, and I watched Big Mike bullodoze the LDE all the way over to the RDE's spot. Awesome, powerful block. I hope he keeps that up.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

[quote=John from Hemet,Nov 22 2004, 10:11

I would just really like to see Mike come into camp ready to go and in shape......

Wouldn't everybody. The million dollar question.

Will the light come on for MW and will he properly apply himself ? We can hope.

Which qb's would everyone like to see ? Some who have played in the league this year:

King, Feeley, Fiedler, Maddox, Carter, Garcia, Collins, Garrard, Krenzel, Brunell, Harrington, Dorsey, McGown, Dilfer, Boller, Rattay, Zolek, Testeverde, Johnson, Greise, Holcomb and I almost forgot Rodney Peete played too Sunday.

Bledsoe's teams road record's best i could do

1993 Pasties 2-6 (bledsoe missed three games that year)

1994 Pasties 5-3 (active in all games) losing on road to browns in wildcard

1995 Pasties 3-5 (missed one game)

1996 Pasties 5-3 (healthy all games) losing in SB, i guess that is a road game

1997 Pasties 4-4 (healthy all games) losing in divisional round 7-6 in PIT

1998 Pasties 3-5 (missed two games) losing at Jax wild card

1999 Pasties 3-5 (healthy all games)

2000 Pasties 2-6 (healthy all games)

2001 Pasties 0-1 w/ drew, if i am correct though he did bail the pats out on the road at PIT in the AFC championship cuz Brady played like crap.

2002 Bills 3-5

2003 Bills 2-6

2004 Bills 0-4

2001 Pasties 0-1 w/ drew, if i am correct though he did bail the pats out on the road at PIT in the AFC championship cuz Brady played like crap.

Wrong. Brady got hurt. When Drew entered teh game he had a 7 point lead and did not blow it- although he almost did several times. This has been discussed ad nuaseum I just wanted to disspell your claim Brady played like crap

I'm concerned with Travis.  I thought he would play well this year and be valuable trade bait.  I don't think we could get a 3rd rounder for him the way this season has gone - especially now that the league sees how TD fleeced the Falcons on the PP trade.

129440[/snapback]

TD hardly fleeced the Falcons... The market value of any player is - whatever the market will bear. The were no suitable FA WRs that year and PP had a breakout season. It's not TD fault that Price needs an all-star the other side of the field to be productive.